lesson or 2 needed but no £££, any other options?

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
right after todays debacle I am seriosuly in need of either giving up golf or booking some lessons, canlt afford any right now though so what should I do

played 4 awesome approaches today, a 6 iron to 4 feet, 8 iron twice to 6 feet and a 4 hybrid to 6 feet

shame most tee shots were skied or topped. Had a real problem coming in too steep and seemed to be not only restricted to driver/woods

I just cannot hit a decent tee shot (except 1 par 3 and drive on the 1st). My putting was crap but that is a rarity for me, short game as always was very good.

If I could play straight off the tee or even just with a bit of confidence and consistency my h/c would seriously tumble :(

I have even got to the point of not going to the range for fear of ingraining my crapness even more lol

any advice welcomed

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
What is wrong with your shots off the tee?

shame most tee shots were skied or topped. Had a real problem coming in too steep and seemed to be not only restricted to driver/woods
:D

Sounds like the ball is to close to the middle of your stance, maybe try moving it forward a touch. Also I tend to get a bit steep on it if I "drive" too much with my legs so try to feel tlike my weight is more evenly split at impact, could be worth a shot.

Maybe a video if you can get one would be a help to the real experts on here ;)

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
There's some great stuff on YouTube, plus maybe post a vid of your 'real' swing hitting a ball and Jason/bob could comment as will the rest of us.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site

usually I have a slice, my mate said too much hip movement, tend to get trapped on the inside (if that makes sense) I guess playing catch up with my hands.

Tried working on a few things in the nets but on the course I had a couple of skied tee shots and then a few tops, bit of everything really. even my hybrids were being duffed on occasion. Could just have been one of them days as its not something I have suffered with before and actually thought I was improving off the tee.

This has set me back big style. Still hit plenty of great approaches with pw/9 and 8 iron and as said in OP my short game was very good and is something I am very confident with.

stupid game ;)

will try and get a swing vid done today with a quick visit up the range

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

:D

I wanted to know what his ball flight was like, straight, sliced, hooked etc.

You know, I am already fed up with the petty attitude some have on this site to a new member who is only trying to help others. Just cut me some slack please.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
usually I have a slice, my mate said too much hip movement, tend to get trapped on the inside (if that makes sense) I guess playing catch up with my hands.

Tried working on a few things in the nets but on the course I had a couple of skied tee shots and then a few tops, bit of everything really. even my hybrids were being duffed on occasion. Could just have been one of them days as its not something I have suffered with before and actually thought I was improving off the tee.

This has set me back big style. Still hit plenty of great approaches with pw/9 and 8 iron and as said in OP my short game was very good and is something I am very confident with.

stupid game ;)

will try and get a swing vid done today with a quick visit up the range

Yes a video would be helpfull. Without seeing your swing I could only suggest maybe looking at your ball position and general setup.

With the driver you could look at swinging with a smooth tempo and ensuring the clubface and your hands are in line at impact, holding off the release can cause the topped and skied problems.

I hope this helps.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like a great offer Rick, not sure you can save me from my utter pantsness (is that a word lol)

I am free any night except wednesday. let me know

cheers

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can come up Tuesday and possibly Thursday........around 17:30 -18:00 good for you for an hour or so?
I'll bring my slow-mo camera...

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Show him the headcover drill :D :D :D

Good idea.....I'll take my broken V-Easy as well.

Actually G1BBO we will have to make it Thursday as I just remembered it's my Wedding Anniversary Tuesday!!! :eek:

I can just imagine the conversation......

"Yes dear, I know we've been married 13 years, and I would love to wine dine and **** you, but G1BBO's needs are more urgent right now!'!" :D :D

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a good session with Steve at the range tonight. I took some photos and video footage so the expert(s) on here can point him in the right direction, however we did work on a couple of things that I thought would help.

Overall, Steve's swing is pretty solid and there isn't too much wrong with it.

I thought one of the key issues was with Steves grip, it was very much in the palms as opposed to fingers and the left hand was a bit weak so we strengthened that up a bit which I think will help him to stop pushing everything right. We brought the right hand over more rather than it sitting under the club and again focused on gripping in the fingers.

The other main thing was the swing plane which was a bit out to in and caused Steve to cut accros the ball. I tried to get Steve to swing on more of a 7 o'clock to 1 o' clock path and to extend the arms more down the line.

We did some minor work with the posture as well and got Steve to just hold his chin a little higher as it was on the chest a little bit. Also got Steve to stand a bit wider to help with his balance and got his right foot turning a bit more in the follow through so he finished more up on his toe and facing the target at finish.

Steve could do with a bit more shoulder turn in the back swing, but we left that alone for now. Same with the wrist cock....not much in evidence but didnt want to change too many things at once.

Other than that the swing is pretty tidy and definitely effective.

Started to see some good results towards the end and Steve said the new grip started to feel more natural.

Hopefully I havent screwed him up too much and would appreciate it if Bob could take a look and correct any misinformation I have given Steve before its too late.

Grip before

gripbeforecloseup.jpg

Grip and posture before

Gripbefore.jpg

Grip after

gripafter.jpg

Iron down line before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=393pm15TVr8&feature=player_profilepage

iron side on before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OElhwT_MJQ&feature=player_profilepage

Driver side on before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMyXMQC9k4Y&feature=player_profilepage

Driver side on after

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xIX87XGZTc&feature=player_profilepage

Driver down line after

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bma89ph0Ydg&feature=player_profilepage

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
thanks for tonight Rick, can;t wait to get back down the range on Saturday & will definitely try and ingrain the major yet subtle changes.

Got a lesson on Tuesday so will see if my pro can get me to work on the shoulder turn/posture issues. I definitely feel like a have some sort of setup routine now but know full well I will probably go backwards before forwards

I hit a few sweet drives at the end and felt much more in control, managed to maintain the grip and eventually stopped trying to squeeze the life out of the grip ;)

once again thanks a heap Rick