lefty playing righty

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
im naturally left handed ,well i say naturally as everything that is one handed its my left that is the one i use . i bowl at cricket left handed ,i play all racket sports left handed ,but when it comes to two hands i play right handed, golf ,batting at cricket both right handed.
i fish left handed ,[yeh you fish handed] i shoot left handed .but why right handed for double hands.
what about you lot ,are you a mixture ?

G

guest100718

My son is a left hander who plays right handed.

I believe Phil Mickleson is the opposite.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm totally mixed up. Golf and play cricket right handed. Throw a dart and hold a cue etc left handed. Right handed in racket sports and while two footed my left was always the stronger in my footballing days. Hold a pen and predominantly left handed though

WWG

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
im naturally left handed ,well i say naturally as everything that is one handed its my left that is the one i use . i bowl at cricket left handed ,i play all racket sports left handed ,but when it comes to two hands i play right handed, golf ,batting at cricket both right handed.
i fish left handed ,[yeh you fish handed] i shoot left handed .but why right handed for double hands.
what about you lot ,are you a mixture ?

Your just all very strange

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I do everything except golf right handed. I started playing at around 10 years old & tried it both ways. I think, in the end, it was just the availability of more right handed clubs that set me off playing right handed. Doing it this way avoids some of the problems natural right handers have, especially ex cricketers who can be totally right hand dominant. You see some really ugly ex cricketer swings. I used to bat left handed so never confused the two swings.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Am right handed or footed (my left foot was just for standing on when I played football) for everything apart for golf and batting at cricket. Where I am a proud lefty. Genetic I think as dad and grandad were the same.

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
guy in my club plays off 4 left handed and can easily play off about 11/12 right handed.

always remember the pro telling me he'd love him to play right handed permanently as he had less faults on the right handed swing. I did ask him one time why he played left and he told me its was down to injury that made him switch.

but yeah i dont think it matters if your left or right handed. Some people also use a left handed set of bats and right handed putter. Seen that a few times on the course.

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Lefty for everything except golf and cricket. Have been thinking about buying a cheap left handed putter though as that part of my game was poor, but is getting slightly better at the moment.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I am generally right handed or ambidextrous, but used to bat left handed at cricket. When I first started playing golf I tried both ways round and decided I was better right handed. The one area I'm not better at right handed is chipping, which I find quite easy and natural left handed (a bit like a forward defensive stroke playing cricket), but have always struggled with right handed! I have considered carrying a left handed club for chipping, but the problem is which one, and what do I leave out to accommodate it? :confused:

Last edited:

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Am right handed or footed (my left foot was just for standing on when I played football) for everything apart for golf and batting at cricket. Where I am a proud lefty. Genetic I think as dad and grandad were the same.

My late Father in Law was the same... Right handed in every way except for batting, when he played cricket, [bowled right handed]and later in life when he took up golf... Could play to a good level of snooker/pool either handed...

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Me too, golf and batting at cricket right handed, everything else left. I believe it down to being shown how to do two handed things by right hander.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm another one who is a lefty playing golf right handed.
Funny thing is in my younger days at school I played cricket and baseball and batted right or left handed. Can't beat the look on a bowlers face when he turns to bowl at you and you're standing the other way round.
I'm a lefty for everything else.