Left side bend/tilt

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Continuing from another thread, has this EVER been discussed/explained when having lessons ?
I've had lots of lessons from different so called Pros and NOT one has EVER mentioned this ?
The nearest was one Pro who was probably the best, said feel like the left shoulder is pointing down at the ball at the top of the backswing. Even the Pro in the attached video states that it was never explained to him ?
This seems like such a basic fundamental, it's probably as important as the grip.

So had it been explained to you ?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Continuing from another thread, has this EVER been discussed/explained when having lessons ?
I've had lots of lessons from different so called Pros and NOT one has EVER mentioned this ?
The nearest was one Pro who was probably the best, said feel like the left shoulder is pointing down at the ball at the top of the backswing. Even the Pro in the attached video states that it was never explained to him ?
This seems like such a basic fundamental, it's probably as important as the grip.

So had it been explained to you ?

Have a look on YouTube for Mike Austin swing, etc.
There are many videos of him teaching.it is fascinating stuff.
Has kept me occupied during lockdown, and I cannot wait to try his stuff when I get back to the range.

ferenezejohn

Visit site
I believe most teachers refer to it as keeping the spine angle consistent, how many times have you heard players saying head up when it's early extension that causes the problem.
Quite a few videos on YouTube explain it.
Word of caution YouTube can fry your brain.

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
U see the breakdown mentioned more obviously in a lot of the stack and tilt stuff, but its implicit in a lot of teaching.

Ballard wasn't happy if people said turn, iirc I think he preferred the term coil which was a blending of these motions.

Your basically going up, back and in on the way back and down out and forward on the way down.

On a side note it's why a lot of golf specific exercises ask you to start in your golfing posture.

Edit. If u check out things like the tpi. I imagine it'd be covered there.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Aside from the takeaway improvement this was the next thing my pro was working on with me. I feel I have always been trying to improve this, the only thing stopping me has been the inconsistency in my club memberships since as far back as 2011! I did two summers as a member between 2010 when I took up the game and 2011. Since then I did another two summers at another club in 13/14 and not been a member since :(