Left and Right handed Golf

Left'nRight

Visit site
Is there anybody else out there that has the same dilemma as me. I hit my driver and fairway woods right handed but being ambidextrous feel more comfortable hitting shorter irons (7,8,9, Pitching Wedge, Sand Iron) left handed. I've never met or heard of anybody with this dilemma and would love to hear from another ambidextrous player with a similar dilemma.

Left'nRight

Visit site
Thank you for the welcome. :) I know quite a few golfers who putt left handed but I have never come across golfers who prefer to hit irons left handed.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There's a guy on here that is very good right handed but is trying to learn left handed.

Shaun Clement (YouTube) is ambidextrous and carries both types of club, alternating odds and evens.

I've never seen anyone do it.

I tried to play a left handed shot last week with a club turned upside down. I picked up after 2 air shots. I don't suppose that counts :D

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Out of interest OP, what is your ocular dominance. Just a guess but your one of few people who don't have one.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
the former England cricketer, Brian Close played off single figures standing both sides of the ball!!!!!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The old boy that was our starter often switches from a left handed to right handed set. Ive even seen him with left handed iron and putter but used right handed woods. he seem to have no problem switching. though he is slightly better putter left handed... not to say he's a bad putter right handed ( better than me anyway)