Least favourite shot

Brookwood

Hacker
Visit site
What's the shot you hate the most?

Is it the two yard drive off the tee, the out of a bunker across the green into another bunker, the third putt or the topped chip that skips across the green into the rough the other side?

Any others?

Which one is most likely to have you throwing your club after the ball or turning the air blue?

B

birdieman

Nothing comes close to the injustice of a three-putt on the 18th from inside 25 feet. Happened on Saturday (again) and I was seething!

ANDYTROW

Club Champion
Visit site
Being a beginner, I have many, but I have to say my worst was from out of the bunker where I didnt get under the ball and it shot over the green and into a pond that was 20 yards past the green on the other side.
My worst fear is the first tee in my first comp, I know its bound to be the 2 yard bobbler !!!!

par_par_par_treble

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i have 2 that really annoy me:

Sliced tee shot that finishes in the trees – should have learnt to stop doing that by now.

Perfect iron from the middle of the fairway (with a club too much) and it flies over the green into trouble - I always feel this is someone else’s fault!

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
My least favourite shot (without a shadow of doubt) is the shot directly following the one where i’ve just shanked it at 45 degrees to the target. It's a real knee trembler :(

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
My least favourite has to be anything played off the neighbouring fairway. The pressure of a group standing on the tee waiting for the idiot who cannot drive straight always gets to me.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
1st tee at the monthly medal, especially if there is a crowd watching.......

The deathly silence as you step onto the tee.....

I'm unsure whether to take a practice swing as the sign at my club says no practice swings on the tee - but I need to relieve the tension in my arms and everyone seems to do it anyway...

Address the ball , take a deep breath and....... hook it into the tree's !

Driverman

Hacker
Visit site
Definitely a putt that comes up well short of the hole and you then miss the next one as well - very infuriating. Then what happens on the next green is you bang one 10 foot past and miss the return! :mad:

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Visualise the scene,

Team match, 18th green and the match is A/S I lay up with a 9 iron on the par 5 and my opponent is in the bunker in 2. I am 45 yards from the green ON A BARE LIE and have to carry a bunker. I pull out the 64* wedge and as an omen the grip sticks (is that the golfing god telling me to put it back) and ever so gracefully I THIN THE EFFER THROUGH THE GREEN and OB.

DOOH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The shot I hate most is the long bunker shot (25,30,35 yards). I sometimes knock it miles too far but more often than not I take too much sand and leave it miles short- lots of colourful language comes next. Bunker shots of 80-120 yards don't bother me at all as long as the lie is decent.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
20 yard pitch over a bunker from a bare downhill lie. Puts the willy's up me. Get them at my home course all the time and wish I could see how the pros play them! I dare say they chunk it into the bunker every time too!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agree John, that gets me too. I end up taking my putter and just hitting it to the open part of the green !

swift81

Visit site
its got to be overhitting a putt and ending up another 8 feet away opposite to where you hit, then fluffing that putt! damn you 3 putt. But the definite winner is when you get an audience and turn to a pile of quivering mush only to top a drive and watch it land 5 yards in front of you or the rare but soul destrying swing your driver with all your might only to not hear any contact and see ypur ball sat laughing on its tee :eek: :eek: :eek: