Laying club on floor.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So just for clarity it is/is not legal/illegal to lay a club on the floor to line up a shot/line of shot. Plus we have a sea bed/floor. 🤔😁

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But l think that the above decision is only referring to the placing of a clubhead behind the ball - admittedly in a vaguely bizarre way - but putting the clubhead in that location is ultimately part of the process of making a stroke. I dont think the decision justifies or legitimises the laying out of a club in order to judge direction of play

Yes in the light of day rather than on the edge of sleep I can understand what the decision is referring to. Looks like an a query needs to go the R&A for clarifying.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Yes in the light of day rather than on the edge of sleep I can understand what the decision is referring to. Looks like an a query needs to go the R&A for clarifying.

Can i leave that onewith you Jim. Unless GM want to get involved. 😳😂

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd have thought that SURELY this is against the rules?? You're not allowed to use anything as an alignment aid are you?

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
I'd have thought that SURELY this is against the rules?? You're not allowed to use anything as an alignment aid are you?
, you used to be allowed to put a club down to check alignment, but had to remove before the shot. You can align your self to stuff that already lying around, an old tee, divot etc , you can't put them there though.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yet again a thread has gone off piste!!!!! If people actually read the OP, it is not about alignment at all.

Tashy’s question was about checking if a club has enough loft to get out the bunker/over the tree by standing on the head and checking the angle of the shaft. Is this allowed?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yet again a thread has gone off piste!!!!! If people actually read the OP, it is not about alignment at all.

Tashy’s question was about checking if a club has enough loft to get out the bunker/over the tree by standing on the head and checking the angle of the shaft. Is this allowed?
Oh wow, sorry, you're right. That'll teach me to only skim-read Tashy's posts, should've known it wouldn't make sense if I did that. :p

Tashyboy

Visit site
Query already sent to the R&A
Cheers jim Me man. The thing is as soon as i saw it. I was flummoxed. I thought am i the only one. I had never seen it before. Yet had seen it mentioned on here before. I am playing in a board doubles comp in two weeks and if it happens in that. Summat brown could hit the fan. 😘👍

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
No idea what's being asked because there's nothing uncertain here to my mind.

Second guy first - as quoted correctly in #9 10.2 (b) 3 makes it clear that that is a penalty.

First guy is neither using unusual equipment nor using normal equipment in an unusual way. Henis fine