Laying club on floor.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think all I really need to know is.

Is it legal to stand on your club to get your line. A yes is ok, a no with X rule would be brilliant

Is it legal to place a club on the floor to get your line. A yes is ok, a no with X rule would be brilliant
You are now asking completely different questions, with scope for very different answers (all correct).
Rulefan has quoted the applicable rule in terms of what is not permitted (as others did previously) - if that's breached you have a penalty- if not you don't (for example you can place a club on the ground a few yards ahead of the ball with a view to establishing your line of play on your mind, as long as you remove it before making your stroke (or a towel, or golf bag....) the relevant rule is very specific about what you can't do.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
You are now asking completely different questions, with scope for very different answers (all correct).
Rulefan has quoted the applicable rule in terms of what is not permitted (as others did previously) - if that's breached you have a penalty- if not you don't (for example you can place a club on the ground a few yards ahead of the ball with a view to establishing your line of play on your mind, as long as you remove it before making your stroke (or a towel, or golf bag....) the relevant rule is very specific about what you can't do.
But am not duncan. Last sentence on post 1, i asked is it legal.
Post six i think it is. I quoted a PP using a club for alignment and i said will have to have a word with him coz its illegal. Yet the topics got a bit sidetracked and a bit contradictory . 👍 until rulefan posted 👍

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
But am not duncan. Last sentence on post 1, i asked is it legal.
Post six i think it is. I quoted a PP using a club for alignment and i said will have to have a word with him coz its illegal. Yet the topics got a bit sidetracked and a bit contradictory . 👍 until rulefan posted 👍
Politely ....none of your posts #6, #22 or #58 make any reference to stance (which is the relevant issue as per the much quoted rule) only losely referring to use of club for alignment.
Post #1 which raised the issue of assessing loft and included the player standing on his club outside the bunker his shot was from - so is clearly outside the scope of the rule.

So, you can put loads of things down to aid your perception of your line of play, including clubs, providing you do not align your stance to them and that you remove them before making a stroke (which is pretty much included in the first part if you think about it).

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Politely ....none of your posts #6, #22 or #58 make any reference to stance (which is the relevant issue as per the much quoted rule) only losely referring to use of club for alignment.
Post #1 which raised the issue of assessing loft and included the player standing on his club outside the bunker his shot was from - so is clearly outside the scope of the rule.

So, you can put loads of things down to aid your perception of your line of play, including clubs, providing you do not align your stance to them and that you remove them before making a stroke (which is pretty much included in the first part if you think about it).

Duncan I think there's been a miscomunicado re post 6, of which I can only apologise. In post no 4 Robin Hood quoted "you can use a club on the floor to align yourself, but you cant leave it their for the actual swing".

I responded by saying I need to have a word with a PP. It was also in response to LT as he mentioned you are not allowed to use artificial AIDS for alignment. I had mentioned in post 5 that another PP had done that a couple of times.so I needed to have a word with him.
I thought the topic was done when jimflog quoted the ruling in post 7

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Duncan I think there's been a miscomunicado re post 6, of which I can only apologise. In post no 4 Robin Hood quoted "you can use a club on the floor to align yourself, but you cant leave it their for the actual swing".

I responded by saying I need to have a word with a PP. It was also in response to LT as he mentioned you are not allowed to use artificial AIDS for alignment. I had mentioned in post 5 that another PP had done that a couple of times.so I needed to have a word with him.
I thought the topic was done when jimflog quoted the ruling in post 7
Unfortunately most of the posts made in that group simply skirt the fundamental aspect of the rule - in themselves they are generally neither right nor wrong.

You cannot align your stance for a stroke to objects you place.
If you do it doesn't matter if you subsequently remove them...