Launch monitors and range balls

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
What I meant was that Game Golf enables you to identify, after a round, the distance (yes, I know including roll) of a particular shot or shots if it was, say, a typical strike, from a good lie, on a flat hole with no wind.Thats comparable to the "10 shots in a field with no wind" measured manually.

For me, as someone who mainly plays at one course, knowing how far I hit a certain club on a particular holes is actually more useful to me, than knowing how far an average 7 iron goes, as it already includes the adjustment for slope and prevailing wind is normally in the same direction, so just need to consider windspeed.

Afraid I am not proficient enough to throw a tuft of grass up and say...oh thats a one club or two club wind :) or look at an incline and easily decide I need to hit one club more/less/hit it soft/hard etc.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
What I meant was that Game Golf enables you to identify, after a round, the distance (yes, I know including roll) of a particular shot or shots if it was, say, a typical strike, from a good lie, on a flat hole with no wind.Thats comparable to the "10 shots in a field with no wind" measured manually.

For me, as someone who mainly plays at one course, knowing how far I hit a certain club on a particular holes is actually more useful to me, than knowing how far an average 7 iron goes, as it already includes the adjustment for slope and prevailing wind is normally in the same direction, so just need to consider windspeed.

Afraid I am not proficient enough to throw a tuft of grass up and say...oh thats a one club or two club wind :) or look at an incline and easily decide I need to hit one club more/less/hit it soft/hard etc.

Your first two paragraphs seem to contradict themselves - your second is the point that was already made (and do you really need game golf to remind you that you normally reach the green an a par 3 with a particular club?

As to your last point - realistic assessment ofnthe conditions, inc any slopes, are the really really easy part! What's tough is consistently hitting any club in terms of distance and trajectory such that you can benefit from them!