Laser Rangefinder

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi guys I've received some vouchers for Christmas to spend at American golf.
Been thinking of buying rangefinder for a while so really happy with the present.
I'm thinking between Bushnell v4 and v4 slope, question is about the slope option is it really worth the extra money.
Up to now I was using my phone with hole 19 app but it can be time consuming when looking for gps signal and it drain your battery like crazy.Did anyone seen any good offers on them or is it better to wait till new year with buying ?
Looking for your views.

Mike07

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi guys I've received some vouchers for Christmas to spend at American golf.
Been thinking of buying rangefinder for a while so really happy with the present.
I'm thinking between Bushnell v4 and v4 slope, question is about the slope option is it really worth the extra money.
Up to now I was using my phone with hole 19 app but it can be time consuming when looking for gps signal and it drain your battery like crazy.Did anyone seen any good offers on them or is it better to wait till new year with buying ?
Looking for your views.

Glad i'm not the only one with loads of AG vouchers for Christmas!

I already have a GPS watch and was keen on getting a rangefinder. I've never used one, and have decided to stick with the GPS watch for the main reason that its so quick and easy, plus the rangefinder needs line of sight. GPS can be frustrating as i need to charge it after every round.

Look forward to seeing what you go for...

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
cheapest in-stock bushnell v4 i found is on scottsdale golf website for 240 and the slope version on a golfsupport website for 275
golfposer website is selling v4 for 238 but they are out of stock

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Forget Lasers from AG - unless they have some that are not on the web site!

Those prices are just horrendous! While it's a great tool/gadget, the ones they have on their site are far too expensive! there are plenty about that are far more reasonable, with little or no loss of function!

So spend the vouchers on something else!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you really want a Bushnell, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with the medalist. Bought mine second hand off here and it has been absolutely perfect. No requirement for slope, or buzzing to tell when it has locked on to the flagstick.

Last edited:

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have a slope version and have used the slope function for one round.

It's interesting just to see what the difference is, but it was just a novelty for me and haven't bothered with it since.

Around your own place you get a feel over time for approaches that play long or short so the only people I can see a slope version being useful for are those that play competitions on unfamiliar courses and have a practice round beforehand.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
an essential piece of equipment for tourneys/play at many different courses
but if play as a norm is around one home course only then maybes not so much essential

for sure though you gotta to know the realistic average carry distance right through the bag

Sponge1980

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Anyone recommend one for under 200 quid?
I've got a snooper SLR500. Got it from eBay for £90. Was dubious as to whether it would be any good but it gives the same reading as a mates Bushnell. It doesnt have the bells and whistles of a bigger brand name but it does have a pinseeker mode which locks onto the nearest target. Battery life seems good too.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Mate bought one from nordiagolf with 30% off at 130 during black friday.

I like but a bit reluctant to pay full wack knowing what he paid.

Hoping they put a similar offer on during the sales. I may hold off and see.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Similar situation here....

Has anyone used the Callaway 300 before? It's £150 on OnlineGolf which AG should price match to.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mate bought one from nordiagolf with 30% off at 130 during black friday.

I like but a bit reluctant to pay full wack knowing what he paid.

Hoping they put a similar offer on during the sales. I may hold off and see.

Gary, get this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Hunting/...6485&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=range+finder&psc=1

I got myself one , £99 the same.. the LCD screen is useful if you just want to see yardage again just without picking it up.

Homer got himself one aswell and I believe he is just as happy as I am with mine

bargain

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Gary, get this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Hunting/...6485&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=range+finder&psc=1

I got myself one , £99 the same.. the LCD screen is useful if you just want to see yardage again just without picking it up.

Homer got himself one aswell and I believe he is just as happy as I am with mine

bargain

Extremely https://threeoffthetee.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/suaoki-laser-rangefinder.html

Works very well but worth investing in rechargeable batteries/charger too

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Extremely https://threeoffthetee.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/suaoki-laser-rangefinder.html

Works very well but worth investing in rechargeable batteries/charger too

Jezzz Homer thats an in-depth review id agree with all of that!

I bought 4 batteries for £5 should do me a few seasons

did some research online about comps not sure how accurate this is

"With the new rule, it’s more of an honor system. Faceplates will not be required, and already the Bushnell Tour V4 with Slope can be made legal without the appearance changing. The player will simply switch the device out of Slope mode to make it legal. We expect many other devices will follow suit."

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I went back today to American Golf and bought Bushnell v 4, after few days of reading reviews decided that slope option isn't that important to me.
Paid £167.10 after price match and using my gift cards from Christmas well happy looking for my next visit on the course and giving it a go.