Bushnell v ShotScope

Teebs

Visit site
Hi all,

Presuming some people have experience of the above products. Any reviews (good or bad).
Currently use a Garmin Fenix for front/middle/back measurements but really want a laser for 2023 as the Garmin is not always accurate.
Looking at
  1. Bushnell V5
  2. Bushnell Pro XE (worth the additional ££?)
  3. ShotScope Pro or Pro LX (with the GPS)
Happy to spend more if it delivers on VFM, would rather have a decent product that lasted years compared to cheap and replacing more often.

Cheers!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have the v3 from bushnell, it’s great for zapping exact pins, potential hazzards etc but can be a faff in bad weather and it doesn’t like fog/mist/heavy rain.

I’ve got to a shotscope gps for general play of nothing more that pace of play and estimate I use the laser 5-10 times per round max on courses I know. Maybe slightly more on new courses that I haven’t played.

I think both have pros and cons, in an ideal world it would be the laser with the GPS on the back ;)

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
The one thing I can report about Bushnell is that they have zero respect for their customers.

They recently updated their app and the previous version no longer works - it cannot connect to their server.
So I upgraded to the new app only to discover that it does not support my ION2 watch, which is less than 3 years old.
Therefore I can no longer update any course layouts on the ION2.

Bushnell will never get my custom again.

HPIMG

Visit site
I have a garmin watch for front middle and back and last year bought the bushnell v5. I feel as if there’s no real comparison from a laser to a watch might be because my wedges are my strongest part of my game so I really notice the benefits of a laser. Also great for zapping hazards that you need to know you can get over.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I bought my Bushnell V2 7 years ago, 2nd hand, and it's still working perfectly
If you think the Shotscope will be working perfectly in 8 or so years then buy it as it'll be cheaper than the Bushnell.

Teebs

Visit site
Thanks all. I think the best combo will be the ShotScope Pro LX (Laser with the GPS attached) - Should give the best of both worlds and it's available for £250 brand new..

Captain_Black.

Visit site
I have a Bushnell laser.
Doesn't work well in mist & no good on a blind hole, so I sometimes revert to my Garmin G5 GPS, but in all other instances the laser is far superior.
Gives exact distance to pins, very useful for zapping hazards & particularly useful when out of position to select the correct club to get back in play.
100% recommended.

Teebs

Visit site
Ordered the ShotScope Pro LX laser/GPS - reviews are good and I like the stats that it collects - my Garmin does this but not in a good amout of detail.
£250 delivered from HotGolf on eBay..

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I’m yet to see a range finder with better optics than a bushnell. In the end of the day, this is what it’s about.

As posted above. All range finders struggle in the rain so worth having a free gps app on your phone. I like Hole19 as it has a free Apple Watch app that is awesome for gps.