lake balls.

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i posted about a week ago about buying some pro v1 pearl grade balls on ebay,well got said balls and have used them for 3 rounds(no comps),my conclusion is use them for practice,i lost approx 10 to 15 yards on all my clubs(not alot but difficult for club selection),they scuff up worse than new pro v's(pretty bad on the new ones),the feel around the green was terrible i just didn't know wether it was going to lie down,kick on,on a new pro v i'm pretty confident of knowing what the ball is going to do(should i turn pro ;)),i am no golf snob and certainly dont need to have the best/most exspensive of everything but i definately wont be skimping on balls again.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I can not justify paying more for a ball than a pint, lake balls are ok for practice but not something I would use on the course, for £38 you can have 3 dozen AD333s delivered and are great.

benny

Head Pro
Visit site
I think I might have to re-evaluate my opinions of Lakeballs. Just wish I could afford some brand new balls to test against them! Them ProV1s aren't cheap are they! Might switch to something else for a month that I can buy brand new for the same price and see if i notice anything. I'm good at using the same ball all the way round so maybe i could get a sleeve of 3 posh balls from the pro shop this week and see how i go.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was in the lake ball corner untill last week.

Now after buying a box of brand new soft feels i will not be using lake balls again.

Infact i lost 10-20 yards of my drive with a brand new soft feel compared to a lake ball 333. So cant wait to get some new 333's to play with!

tango101

Club Champion
www.christopherwedgburystudio.co.uk
I'm currently using Lake balls and cheaper ones...but as I said in a post a few days ago, I'm starting to think would it be worth moving to decent balls..would this improve my game enjoyment? This thread is starting to make me think...go decent and dont worry about losing some. :)

Medal Winner
Visit site
lake balls,if thay are what they say being at the bottom
of a lake it will do them no good.I was told a lot of years ago if a balls been in water for only a week
it would absorb water.The people that re-con the balls
are very good at making them look has good has new,
but the performance is not there,i think you are better
getting new balls at a price you can aford.
3636 billy

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We had this discussion a few weeks ago about the merits of lake balls and I put forward my views then on why they are a waste of money as you don't get any form of repeatable performance ball to ball. To be honest I wouldn't even have them in my practice bag.

If you want something that is a decent ball that won't cripple the bank or send you to a psychiatrist should you lose one then my vote would have to echo the others on here and suggest the AD333.

There seem to be a number of good deals on several dozen and my advice would be stock up now whilst the offers are on and then use them and enjoy the length and spin you get all summer long

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
How do you "make them" Sam?

Are the balls who they say they are? Or mutton dressed as lamb?

Would a company put a different new logo onto a ball?

In my opinion lake balls are good for practise and that’s it, Wilson Staff PX3 every time for value for money and quality. Pro V1x for birthdays (Woo Hoo today) and Xmas