Ladies Golf Clothing Sizes

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One for the ladies. My SiL has started playing golf and has realised, after ignoring me on this for some time, that she needs decent waterproofs. She has asked for my advice. I am pointing her to the usual suspects, ProQuip being the obvious, but I have noticed that womens jackets in particular seem to be more expensive, fewer in the sales and designs are limited. It would make more sense to buy a mens jacket but is there a reason why this would be a terrible idea? Is the cut that different?

My SiL is 6ft and would probably be a size 14 if that helps.

The pro shops near her are limited and so going in to try them on is not the simplest of options.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would suggest wearing men’s waterproofs wouldn’t be very flattering in the slightest and would more than likely put her off.
Is she looking for full or half sleeves?

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I think the biggest concern is that the sleeves could be to long on a men's jacket. Men tend to have longer arms in relation to their height and the wider shoulders can add to that as well. I have a men's sweater which my father gave me, because it is a little bit too small for him. It fits me great, except for the sleeves which are ridiculously long. With a sweater it is not so bad, I can just roll them up a bit, but I guess with a rain jacket they could really be in the way. Also, because of the looser fit, the jacket as a whole could feel a bit bulky, maybe.

A good alternative to golf specific waterproofs is to look for normal outdoor clothing. You normally find waterproof hiking or cycling jackets for about half the price of golf waterproofs, and they look almost the same.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is one of those questions ( does my bum look big in this) that needs careful consideration before answering.
A golfer needs WPs to keep them dry while playing a sport , it must be functional for that purpose first and foremost.
Two type of players
1 it keeps me dry I don’t care what it looks like.
2 it’s a fashion statement as well.

You need to be comfortable in WPs or you can’t play.
Golf clothing is cut for that purpose to free the arms to swing!
WPs from other sports are not always suitable depending on her statistics and swing?
A size 14 is average but women are different proportions and like your clubs there is no substitute for trying before you buy.
She needs to try them on to see if they suit her while hitting balls preferably.
Buy the best you can afford but ultimately what suits her while keeping her dry.