Lack of distance with my Driver.....

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
First post asking for help and a gaggle of knobs come along.... ;)

We're just like buses... another one'll be along in a minute :p

I did notice one thing with your swing..
...it seems you're wearing Homer's clothes :D :D

ascot_867150-11.jpg

golf_day_014.jpg

...or Tiger's? :D

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
One thing I did notice Rob is your ball position is a bit inside your left heal, is that normal?

Isn't that where it's supposed to be Bob?
:D

Depends on the loft of your driver and what type of tradjectory you are trying to hit.
Generally, I would experiment with a higher tee and move it 2-3 inches further forward in your stance to get some serious hang time. :D

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Depends on the loft of your driver and what type of tradjectory you are trying to hit.
Generally, I would experiment with a higher tee and move it 2-3 inches further forward in your stance to get some serious hang time. :D

10.5 degrees and I don't like hitting the ball too high, hence the Prolaunch Red shaft. I'm quite happy with the trajectory of my ball most of the time, getting reasonable carry distance and a decent amount of roll out.
I will try what you are saying when the ground starts to soften up and I am looking for a little more carry, but at the moment everything else in the set up seems fine.
The one thing I have noticed recently, and I'll try to explain this as best I can........
Towards the end of the round when I am getting a little tired, when I take a practice swing and really try to get "through the ball" and finish on a nice high extension on the follow through I find the top half of my body, shoulders etc. ache a bit, as if they haven't been used properly. This is indicating to me that I haven't been getting through the ball properly and using these muscles during the earlier parts of the round and I am associating this with my closed stance, and the feeling I am not swinging freely? Hope that makes sense???

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
As I've said before, its hard to tell without seeing the swing, but it sounds as if you're having to work extra hard to get the club back on line because of your aim being off to the right.
I'm still looking forward to seeing your swing.
The alternative is to just buy something that will improve your putting and aiming :eek:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The alternative is to just buy something that will improve your putting and aiming :eek:

I've got a brilliant idea for a new invention and I'm working on it at the moment Bob. I can't say too much now (for obvious reasons) but will give more information once I confirm things with a few industry experts and the product goes through viability and marketing tests.
Watch this space though mate.
You'll be the first to know... ;) ;) ;)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Well, played yesterday and changed absolutely nothing apart from making a conscious effort to open my stance up a little bit and it's amazing the difference it made. The feeling of "freedom" came back and I was hitting the ball long and straight. OK missed a couple of fairways, but at least my distance is back. Will have to keep working on it, to make sure it doesn't creep back in but so far, so good.
Thanks for all your comments (good and bad)... ;) ;) ;)

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The way you were slapping it about with the big dog was fine. Verging on pretty good, if you want me to be sicophantic ( ??? ) about it.

But I was equally impressed at how those 'must sink' putts disappeard every time you relly needed them. That's where the biggest improvement on Chartham was showing.

For someone with a 'unique' putting set up, your body knows what it has to do.

An ounce of extra concentration and I want to see you off single figures by this time next year. :cool:

:D