La torre golf resort

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Who's been here, is it any good?

I'm looking for an apartment to rent for a week or so in July. I'd like the golf to be close by as I don't want to drive. I'd like a few amenities/restaurants/bars within a reasonable walking distance. The bars don't need to be rowdy paces like benidorm or anything, just somewhere with a wee bit atmosphere.
I'm open to any suggestions fr any other resorts, mar menor, villamartin etc. villamoura and the costa del sol are a no go.

My real intention is to actually look for an area/apartment that I could maybe in the future look into buying a place there.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm interested in opinions too. Just booked a week in sept and hope to play all the Nicolas courses

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've not stayed at La Torre, but I've played there, and spent 4 weeks in the area last year. It's okay. There are some fantastic courses in the area, but it's not the busiest area of Spain, and the food quality was pretty poor around that area generally. Found a couple of nice places around Los Alcazares, but generally, the food was poor compared with areas like Costa Del Sol, and Vilamoura in Portugal. It was also quite quiet, and the golf courses are fairly out of the way, so unless you get a car, you're going to be relying on the golf club/hotel bar. The Nicklaus courses are good, though I preferred El Valle and Mar Menor to La Torre, but wasn't too impressed with everything else. I wouldn't go back personally, other than to play Las Colinas and Las Ramblas again.

Mastercracker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I went with my gf in October to El Valle which is just up the road from La Torre. Didn't play golf so can't comment on the courses, they looked decent enough though. It depends what you're looking for - Its a very recession hit area and I'd say at least 80% of the Villa's on El Valle and La Torre lie empty. This has its plus points though, we rented a lovely Villa with a big pool for 10 nights for absolute peanuts, and everything is dirt cheap. Perfect for us as we just wanted a quiet break in the sun, but I imagine some would hate how quiet it is. Admittedly October isn't bang in season.

There's 2/3 restaurants at La Torre which do reasonably food. Tapas place was average, Italian was surprisingly good. There's also an Irish pub. El Valle has a really nice clubhouse, which does reasonable food. The bar is again dirt cheap, it was less than 5 euros for a pint and a glass of wine.

I'd definitely recommend a car though.