La Manga Golf Club Resort

badger57

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Golf Society venue scheduled for next summer
Has anyone played it before ?
Are there any other decent courses to play nearby ?
Any advice appreciated .

Thanks in advance Badger

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Stayed there about 10 years back, so not so relevant. There were two 18 hole courses plus a 9 hole course back then. The 9 hole was, probably, the best of the 3 - think its now also 18 holes. The complex is pretty spread out, and you'll need the way-wah bus(free) between the different bars/cafes/shops, assuming you're in one of the urbanisations away from things. The way-wah is booked via the reception at each complex, and it runs very frequently.

There were 8 of us, all male golfers. We enjoyed it but were also conscious that it wasn't real Spain, just a complex in a sunny country. Yes there are a number of good courses around the area, car required, and not too far from Mar Menor for a bit of night life.

Car hire can be ridiculously expensive or ridiculously cheap depending on who/how you book. Be wary of the add-ons that a number of the cheaper end car hire companies sting you with - a quick Google of reviews is worthwhile. It is possible to get a half decent car for less than €3 per day, out of season, but be prepared for the added insurances - its cheaper to take out a car policy in the UK that will cover multiple trips but, again, do the research - some companies insist on their own insurance.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Been there a few times. 3x18 hole courses, always been in great condition when I've been. Never stayed in the hotel, always got a house / apartment on the complex. North, South and West courses. South is the one that they'd do the proper tour comps on but I prefer playing the North and the West (this is very good, some great views). Expensive to eat and drink on site, but we caught a taxi down to the real La Manga town and had a couple of nights out there. Oh, the piano bar in the main hotel is a must for one night though. Always had a good time there.

No idea about the other courses nearby as we've only ever been to the resort.

hors limite

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have a look at Las Colinas. It's the best course that I've played in Spain .Consistently good condition, helpful welcoming staff. Brilliant range/short game area.Another one to think about is Lo Romero. Not in the same category as La Manga and Las C but still very good.

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ve been to La Manga the last two out three years. I love it there. All three courses are superb in my opinion. The North is the easier of the three, the south is longer and where they host the comps as above, and the west is a tight and fiddly tree lined course with lots of ditches!!

Practice facilities are fantastic and in walking distance of the hotel. They run a free shuttle bus across the complex so it’s east to get round if you’re not in the hotel. I’d recommend Luigi as a place to eat. It’s a great little Italian restaurant in the las lomas part of the resort.

Enjoy and play well...Don’t hit driver off of the par 5 third on the west...you’ll see why 😉