Kuch the cheapskate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Stop fishing or provide evidence other than tour hearsay that categorically proves he only paid $3000 as a flat fee. You seem determined it is true and want to seemingly prove everyone wrong so go ahead. If not, simply respect the right of the majority to take it all with a pinch of salt. So go on, knock yourself out and prove yourself right all along

Come on we never let facts get in the way of a good argument on this forum, it would destroy the fun!

RePete

Visit site
Come on we never let facts get in the way of a good argument on this forum, it would destroy the fun!
The funny thing is, you got a lot of guys saying, "Hey, hey, its just a rumour, we don't know if its true..." out of one side of their mouth, but then right after that also saying "Hey, its his money, they agreed on the price beforehand (which is now being disputed I hear btw) , why should he have to pay him, he is just a bag carrier...yadda yadda"

So it seems its not really that they want to argue its probably not true, instead, what they are really saying is they don't care if its true, its good being a cheapskate if you can get away with it.

I think they should make up their minds what their argument is. If you don't have a problem with the guy being a cheapskate, which is in the great tradition of corporations trying screw the little guy as best you can, then don't consider it an insult to Kuchar to say it might be true. Heck, diamond mine owners do it in Africa everyday. You find the diamond, well, we might give you some extra meat for dinner that night. If you don't like the deal, well, tough luck.

I guess some people think that's a good thing. Its ruining America though.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
The funny thing is, you got a lot of guys saying, "Hey, hey, its just a rumour, we don't know if its true..." out of one side of their mouth, but then right after that also saying "Hey, its his money, they agreed on the price beforehand (which is now being disputed I hear btw) , why should he have to pay him, he is just a bag carrier...yadda yadda"

So it seems its not really that they want to argue its probably not true, instead, what they are really saying is they don't care if its true, its good being a cheapskate if you can get away with it.

I think they should make up their minds what their argument is. If you don't have a problem with the guy being a cheapskate, which is in the great tradition of corporations trying screw the little guy as best you can, then don't consider it an insult to Kuchar to say it might be true. Heck, diamond mine owners do it in Africa everyday. You find the diamond, well, we might give you some extra meat for dinner that night. If you don't like the deal, well, tough luck.

Think the only person arguing is you.....with yourself.

The whole point is that none of us know, it’s all conjecture, rumour and hearsay and therefore pointless but, potentially damaging to the player and to the caddy.

So it might be an idea to hold fire until/if more FACTS emerge

Just my view ,

RePete

Visit site
Think the only person arguing is you.....with yourself.

The whole point is that none of us know, it’s all conjecture, rumour and hearsay and therefore pointless but, potentially damaging to the player and to the caddy.

So it might be an idea to hold fire until/if more FACTS emerge

Just my view ,
Your view is that when people argue that they had an agreed upon amount, so he doesn't need to pay him anymore. THEY are not arguing? Its just if one says he should have paid more, then THAT is arguing?

Its just me arguing huh? Funny view. You might want to check out a few more forums online in that case.

If its true, is the payment enough? I heard the caddie says they didn't talk price until the tournament finished.

RePete

Visit site
Regular caddies spend weeks at a time away from their families as it’s their career and get paid a decent wage for it. The guy he used is a regular club caddy. 3k is likely a lot more than his daily wage. That being said, it’s been denied already.
Philthe Fragger says that is not an argument. Funny that.

Wolf

Visit site
Your view is that when people argue that they had an agreed upon amount, so he doesn't need to pay him anymore. THEY are not arguing? Its just if one says he should have paid more, then THAT is arguing?

Its just me arguing huh? Funny view. You might want to check out a few more forums online in that case.

If its true, is the payment enough? I heard the caddie says they didn't talk price until the tournament finished.

You seem to hear a lot like other things you've mentioned about how generous Phil is or ET caddies and now you've heard they didn't discuss before tournament but always fail to advise how you heard these things. Especially as there is no info readily available about the Caddy saying anything regards the negotiations and also I very much doubt and in my own experience of caddying and using a Caddy at no point are prices not agreed before work commences.

Care to advise where you heard this or any proof of your other claims.

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

I understand your stereotyping earlier now. You’re American.
Much like brexit opinion should here, there is quite a split in MAGA and those against. Obviously you’re in one camp and put the rest that Dover to you in the MAGA camp.

Also explains the love in for Mickelson too.

Anyways, I’m sure you know lots of people and have hear lots of things to counter my opinion, but been as you have no substance to add to your claims I’ll leace you to it. Again...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I can't believe this is still rumbling on.
At the end of the day if Kooch only paid up 3k then, yeah, he's being a bit of a cheapskate but the only person who should care is the caddy.
Anyone know of he's happy with what he got paid?
I'd have been quite happy with 3k for a week's work.
I suspect even the cheapest of cheapskates would have upped it to 10k.
And even if he didn't, being a cheapskate/tight/careful/thrifty - whatever you want to call it - isn't a crime.

And,quite frankly, I don't really care anymore.
It was a non-story when it emerged and it's a non-story now.

Status
Not open for further replies.