Phil Mickelson Taxes on Open wins!

mikee247

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
He needs to hire my accountant! ;) I'm sure he's getting the best advice but 60% is a lot of change to dish out in one chuck... I would imagine its taking a decent trip off shore en route...

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why mention pre-tax amounts? Post tax is reality! Wish they talked about salaries post tax as well, I don't care how much the taxman makes all I need is what I can live the life I want off.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How much tax do you think you pay? 23%? Even at 23% basic rate, you also pay 10% National Insurance (I think it may be more now). Your employer also pays 12.5% as their contribution to your NI. That get you to at least 45.5%. Then when you spend the money you pay 20% VAT = 65.5%. Then you can calculate other taxes like duty on fuel, alcohol, tobacco. Then add in tax paid with money you have already paid tax on, like council tax and the real rate is over 70%. Add another 14% if you are a higher rate tax payer. That is how much the Government gets of every pound of your hard earned cash. Put it like that, Mr. mickleson got a pretty good deal.

mikee247

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yes. ex 3 PARA mucker. I take it you have an EOD background looking at your avatar?

LOl not exactly, I'm an ex Wooden Top but did quite a bit with them on search teams in NI amongst other things... ;) Avatar is from Hurt Locker which is more reflective of my golf game!

Visit site
LOl not exactly, I'm an ex Wooden Top but did quite a bit with them on search teams in NI amongst other things... ;) Avatar is from Hurt Locker which is more reflective of my golf game!

If avatars are anything to go by in relation to golfing skills then I need to change mine to a picture of a pile of dog poo.