King's course Inverness

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Heading up to the Boat of Garten Open in August with pals and spotted another open at the King's course the day before. We've booked for both.

Not played King's before, anyone know what it will be like?

To anyone who hasn't been to Boat, Grantown, Kingussie, Spey Valley or that part of the world, get up there - absolutely beautiful part of the UK.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
My house looks on to Kings Ken ?
Ive played it a few times and in the summer should be excellent, provided they have no hic-cups like last year.
@patricks148 was a member the last few years but I think he gave it up this season, he’ll advise you better than me ??

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My house looks on to Kings Ken ?
Ive played it a few times and in the summer should be excellent, provided they have no hic-cups like last year.
@patricks148 was a member the last few years but I think he gave it up this season, he’ll advise you better than me ??

Thanks Brian, I'll try and avoid your windows.?

Where is it you play?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks Brian, I'll try and avoid your windows.?

Where is it you play?

Inverness and Fortrose.
Ive thought about joining Kings, but I’d have to go on a waiting list again to get back in to Inverness if it never worked out.
Im also a member at Fraserburgh ??
My windows will be a bit far away ??
Its a friendly clubhouse and normally has a decent atmosphere ??

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Inverness and Fortrose.
Ive thought about joining Kings, but I’d have to go on a waiting list again to get back in to Inverness if it never worked out.
Im also a member at Fraserburgh ??
My windows will be a bit far away ??
Its a friendly clubhouse and normally has a decent atmosphere ??

Fraserburgh & Fortrose are two of my favourite "underrated" links courses. Fortrose is getting better known but Fraserburgh gets overlooked by so many people yet I find it better and more enjoyable than a certain "big" course with a big massive hike up a dune.

I'll let you work out what I'm referring to.

?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Fraserburgh & Fortrose are two of my favourite "underrated" links courses. Fortrose is getting better known but Fraserburgh gets overlooked by so many people yet I find it better and more enjoyable than a certain "big" course with a big massive hike up a dune.

I'll let you work out what I'm referring to.

?

Hopefully playing this other one shortly, one of my work mates is a member there so 4 of us getting a game ?

D

Deleted member 17920

Fortrose is a must, seriously good course for the money.
Depending on the wind determines how easy or hard it can be ??

Absolutely loved Fortrose when we played it a few years ago, massively underrated golf course, must get back one day.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Any recommendations for eateries in Inverness. One of the guys suggested Rocpool and Mustard Seed. Had a look and thought, I'm not paying that!
So, anyone know of good places at reasonable cost?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Any recommendations for eateries in Inverness. One of the guys suggested Rocpool and Mustard Seed. Had a look and thought, I'm not paying that!
So, anyone know of good places at reasonable cost?

Rocpool is excellent, probably my favourite restaurant ?
You have Zizzi, Pizza Express and Bella Italia in the centre.
Cafe 1 and Mustard Seed are hit and miss for me.
Abstract beside the river is very good also ??

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had a look at Rocpool, prices are horrific for a boy's golf weekend. No doubt wine prices are sharp too.
I don't eat meat either so not for me.

Ando

Visit site
A couple of years since I've been in Inverness but I enjoyed the Black Isle bar - decent pizzas and a good beer selection.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It's a decent course and a big improvement on the old course. It's a long ish at 6800 off the back tees, tbh it's driver on all but the par 3s and maybe a couple of others 1, 2 and 12 you could getvaway without driver. tbh some fairways don't have a lot of run. But in saying that it's pretty generous off the tee but there is water dotted about.

Food wise Inverness is poor, over rated And over priced.
Mustard seed used to be good, as was the Kitchen, but that's now changed hands. Fig and Thistle was OK but small and needs booked well in advance. As i tell Americans when asked, Indian restaurant would be the best value for money. Never had a bad Indian.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's a decent course and a big improvement on the old course. It's a long ish at 6800 off the back tees, tbh it's driver on all but the par 3s and maybe a couple of others 1, 2 and 12 you could getvaway without driver. tbh some fairways don't have a lot of run. But in saying that it's pretty generous off the tee but there is water dotted about.

Food wise Inverness is poor, over rated And over priced.
Mustard seed used to be good, as was the Kitchen, but that's now changed hands. Fig and Thistle was OK but small and needs booked well in advance. As i tell Americans when asked, Indian restaurant would be the best value for money. Never had a bad Indian.
Thanks @patricks148 .

Looking forward to playing a new course up there.

Thanks for food tips too.