king of the slicers with driver... helpppppppppp (please)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I was going to try this until i read your post....how did u get them back :D

When the 2 guys either side of me had stopped laughing, I simply walked out and retrieved them. They'd only gone about 5 yards.....

Think id have walked away and left them....just seen the drill on youtube with two golf balls..... think ill try that version

I hope you're well insured

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was going to try this until i read your post....how did u get them back :D

When the 2 guys either side of me had stopped laughing, I simply walked out and retrieved them. They'd only gone about 5 yards.....

Think id have walked away and left them....just seen the drill on youtube with two golf balls..... think ill try that version

I hope you're well insured

Hmmmmmm u dont recommend using balls then???

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

2 reasons not to use balls.

1 It's very easy to swing steeply into the target ball missing the ball placed behind as it's not very big. Which means you could still swing out to in and not realise it.
A head cover is harder to miss :D

2. If you use balls and get it wrong, you'll soon have balls bouncing around the range. Not too bad if you're out on grass by yourself, but if your on a busy driving range, it could get dangerous.
HTH

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Steve, you didn't have that fast a swing when we went out so the regular shafts should be OK. Your shoulders and legs were aligned OK but are you still making sure you aren't opening the face when you tee up?

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
starts slightly left or straight then curves wayyyyyyyyy right :(

didnt get up range at weekend and got a round on thursday so doubt I will get time to practise

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site

2 reasons not to use balls.

1 It's very easy to swing steeply into the target ball missing the ball placed behind as it's not very big. Which means you could still swing out to in and not realise it.
A head cover is harder to miss :D

2. If you use balls and get it wrong, you'll soon have balls bouncing around the range. Not too bad if you're out on grass by yourself, but if your on a busy driving range, it could get dangerous.
HTH
dont think ill try this drill id have to get the head covers after every shot! :eek: :eek:

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
For those looking to try the headcover drill recommended by Bob, Do it.

He recommended it to me and with that, along with a few other tweaks, my over the top swing is slowly on it's way out.

I used a water bottle instead of a headcover but it all does the same job and it works!

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did you not hit the water bottle further than you would of a head cover???

Nope. It was half full and never went further than the "safety area" in front of the range bays.

Caught one on the full tonight, pretty much completely missed the ball, and it didn't go that far.