Keeping shoes dry

London mike 61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Does anyone do anything special to their shoes after a winter round of golf? Only I usually let mine dry naturally in the garage and give them a polish every other time that I wear them. I have been known to spray them occasionally with a waterproofing can designed for shoes.

Holty

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Don't really need to as my shoes keep the water out!

EDIT: Sorry - realised how un-useful this post is - I used to simply put my shoes on newspaper under a radiator, with a couple of bits of newspaper rolled up in them to dry them out, but as I said above, not an issue for me anymore

Last edited:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I find when they get worn they tend to leak through the sides[where the sole meets the material.
So I squeeze superglue onto the join,its clear so theres no sign its been done.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I find when they get worn they tend to leak through the sides[where the sole meets the material.
Superglue is very inflexible when dry though, so does it not start to leak again as soon as it cracks up? Was just about to bin my first pair of Adidas 360 v2 from many years ago because they started leaking a little. Could well revive them for a few months over winter if this works though ;)

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Superglue is very inflexible when dry though, so does it not start to leak again as soon as it cracks up? Was just about to bin my first pair of Adidas 360 v2 from many years ago because they started leaking a little. Could well revive them for a few months over winter if this works though ;)

It lasts for about 6 rounds or so,for me,so just repeat.
Cheaper than new shoes

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
FJ sports notorious for leaking and to be honest to be avoided like the plague. The shoe fairy takes my wet shoes and packs them as tight as possible with newspaper for a few days to draw the moisture out. She leaves them a day or so and then cleans them. Every so often she'll put some dubbin on, let it soak in and dry. Easy prays when you have a shoe fairy available for hire now!

D

Deleted member 15344

My OH has these little stuffed animals that you put in the shoes and they dry them out as well as giving them a nice fresh smell

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site

I tried this with nike lunar control, didn't work they still leak. They've lasted 14 months after being the best looked after shoes I've ever owned.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes lucky with every one - I have had FJ leak and Adidas leak - it happens.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Use the blower, that every good club should have, to take the damp soil and most of the serious dampness away.

Let dry naturally, though newspaper can speed the process up. Don't pack it in as it can change the shape that your feet have created.

Dubbin as required!

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk

I used to use this on my walking boots and it is very flexible, waterproof and great for repairs cracked soles or split welts.

SHOE GOO

Last edited: