Kedleston Park GC

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I was up at Kedleston Hall as part of me National trust retirement day out. Anyway opposite the hall Is Kedleston Park GC. It looked gorgeous the bits you could see. Had a quick perusal on the net and it has been chosen as a qualifier course for the open next year. That being the case it should not be a Rammel course. But has anyone played it. Looked a lovely parkland course.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve played it. It’s okay, 10th is nice. There’s a par three over water. That’s as much that stood out. Don’t understand how it got open qualifying status. Personally I’d stick to the Nottinghamshire area as Derbyshire has Cavendish only that’s a worthwhile visit. Where as up your end you have a wealth of courses.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I watched open qualifying there, it was nice. 7000 yards I think on the day, presumably length being one of the criteria for hosting it.

The holes with water are nice, especially the par 3 mentioned above. Thought the back 9 was a bit up and down (i.e play up and down a lot of adjacant fairways)

Was in super condition as expected given the event

D

Deleted member 18588

I’ve played it. It’s okay, 10th is nice. There’s a par three over water. That’s as much that stood out. Don’t understand how it got open qualifying status. Personally I’d stick to the Nottinghamshire area as Derbyshire has Cavendish only that’s a worthwhile visit. Where as up your end you have a wealth of courses.

Aside from the trio of Hollinwell, Sherwood Forest and Coxmoor I don't think the county of Nottinghamshire has much in the way of great courses.

Some are decent but none apart from the above that are great.

D

Deleted member 1147

I'm here :whoo:

James, where are you 👍

Kedleston is a proper Parkland course, tree lined fairways, hard fast greens and plenty of danger for a poor shot.

It's pretty long (7,000 of the blue's, 6,700 off the whites) with 7 or 8 par 4's of over 400 yards.

The signature holes are the 7th, a par 3 over the lake of about 150 yds and the 10th, described by some of having Augusta like qualities.

The par 5's are scorable but the par 4's can easily beat you up if you don't hit the fairway.

Derbyshire isn't blessed with good courses (Cavendish being the other well rated course), but we have invested heavily in the course with all new bunkering and redesigns of green complexes. This year we held the 1st round of Open Qualifying and then a couple of weeks ago the Macgreger U16 championship for the EGU. So we are becoming more visible to those in the know, which hopefully is a sign of our quality.

https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/features/blogs/kedleston-park-set-for-2018-open-qualifying-156875

The above is a link to a golf monthly write up of the course.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I'm here :whoo:

Kedleston is a proper Parkland course, tree lined fairways, hard fast greens and plenty of danger for a poor shot.

It's pretty long (7,000 of the blue's, 6,700 off the whites) with 7 or 8 par 4's of over 400 yards.

The signature holes are the 7th, a par 3 over the lake of about 150 yds and the 10th, described by some of having Augusta like qualities.

The par 5's are scorable but the par 4's can easily beat you up if you don't hit the fairway.

Derbyshire isn't blessed with good courses (Cavendish being the other well rated course), but we have invested heavily in the course with all new bunkering and redesigns of green complexes. This year we held the 1st round of Open Qualifying and then a couple of weeks ago the Macgreger U16 championship for the EGU. So we are becoming more visible to those in the know, which hopefully is a sign of our quality.

https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/features/blogs/kedleston-park-set-for-2018-open-qualifying-156875

The above is a link to a golf monthly write up of the course.

Cheers james me man. Good write up for the course. 👍

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I've always found it remarkable that those 3 courses are all in such good knick and within spitting distance of each other. Just a very good area for courses I suppose.

I play at Ramsdale also near the other 3 and it's a good, I enjoy it and it's fairly well kept however not in the league of those 3 but neither is the membership or waiting list.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I've always found it remarkable that those 3 courses are all in such good knick and within spitting distance of each other. Just a very good area for courses I suppose.

I play at Ramsdale also near the other 3 and it's a good, I enjoy it and it's fairly well kept however not in the league of those 3 but neither is the membership or waiting list.

british Shooting, my nearest course is Sherwood. Was talking to a member I have known for decades. He was saying a lot of the pompousness has gone and there's no waiting list now. Reckons the club is better for it. 👍