Kbs/ttshafts

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like my irons but am not keen on the very high ball flight,the Tm 85g shafts launch the ball into orbit and I am sure it causes me a few yards,was thinking of putting a new lightweight shaft in but lower launching,any ideas? Not keen on px as tried and felt terrible

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I feel your pain Shewy.

When I had my TM R7 irons (Not fitted) they came with their T-Step 90g shafts. To say these launched high was an understatement.

As I have a low swing speed (70 MPH with a 6 iron), when fitted the Mizuno Swing DNA suggested light weight shafts, even through through experience I know they don't suit me. When fit, I tried a heavier shaft which improved launch, carry and disprersion.

Have you considered a heavier shaft to bring the ball flight down? maybe an alternate option to a stiffer flex?

Dynamic gold SL are a little heavier at 104g (R300) and around 109 (S300)

Dynalite Gold XP are a little heavier still at 117g or 113g (R300) or 117g or 121g (S300) dependeing whether you need tapered or paralell shafts.

Dyanmic Gold are the heavier ones at 127g (R300) and 130g (S300).

Some useful infor for you here:

http://www.truetemper.com/products/

mab

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm a big fan of KBS shafts; have a look at the chart below for their various product offerings.

ctaperChart.png

They also have an online shaft fitting tool, which should give you an idea:

http://kbsgolfshafts.com/fit-system

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The kbs shaft fit gives me the tour 90 as I like Gareth have a low swing speed,around 75mph with a 6 iron.
Out of interest does 150 yards with a 6 iron sound short for 75mph swing speed?
May try some demo irons this afternoon with heavier shafts.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
That would depend on a few other factors of your swing and quality of strike.

I know we have a Par 3 that plays 154 yards and I can carry a 7 iron onto that.

Having said that, the swing DNA gave me a release factor of 1 (Very late) and previous pictures I've posted on here of strike marks on club faces show that I de-lofty my clubs into impact by quite a bit :mad:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Changing shafts on existing irons is a very expensive exercise imo unless you either do it yourself or have a friend who can do it cheap!

I've been through the process 3 times with varying degrees of success.

I'd strongly suggest you 'trade up' to a set with your desired shafts in them.

150 for a RBZ 6 iron at 75 seems a maybe just a little short, but if you are consistent with that it doesn't matter what distance! High flight normally means Drop and Stop, so that probably works in your favour. And iron flight always seems higher from the striker's point of view as opposed to someone even just a couple of yards to one side - the striker really only sees 2 dimensions.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Points well made, I'll maybe trade up to a new set of TM CB'S as they look thebusiness with my bonus.
Tried the TT R300 at the range and not a fan,lower ball flight but felt harsh, the KBS tour only came in stiff but they felt lovely in comparison, lower ball flight and similar distance.
I certainly am drop and stop with the irons!