Katie Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tashy, sorry to hear your news - the fact that he was taking drugs rules out the good guy excuse in my books! Too many middle class people seem to do drugs at the moment, thinking it isn't a crime and is victimless.

Another thing that winds me up in court cases is the " It was totally out of character, but he/she/they had been drinking" defence - in my opinion any fine that was proposed should be doubled to stop them going out and getting so drunk!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I wish I had money and was therefore above the law.

Two points I’d make in response to that. First, if the press are to be believed (a big “if”, I’ll grant you), Price hasn’t got a pot to wee in.

Second, even if she has, in what way does her having money make her above the law? It might afford her a decent defence, but the law applies to her just as it does to anyone else.

Last edited:

Billysboots

Visit site
On me way back from me hols in an hour. This time last week a guy received his sentence. He was driving through Derbyshire going home, he had drunk
“ a pint” after his round of golf. The night before he had a bit of coke. He allegedly lost concentration and killed me sis in law who was riding her Harley. He was not over the limit with both drugs or alcohol. His expensive barrister went to great lengths to emphasise what a good man he is and how sorry he was. His sentence 2yrs suspended for 6 months, wear a tag and not go out between 7 pm And 7 am. 300 hrs community service. He wants to be a primary school teacher. My brothers only consolation was his wife died instantly.

I really don’t know where to start re Katie Price. But the courts have failed us and continue to fail us. Crown prosecution service is not fit for purpose. Our courts have gone the same way as America where money gets you the best defence and a soft sentence.

Awful news, Tash - really sorry to hear that.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Two points I’d make in response to that. First, if the press are to be believed (a big “if”, I’ll grant you), Price hasn’t got a pot to wee in.

Second, even if she has, in what way does her having money make her above the law?

If any of us had offended that many times - we would be in jail.

Billysboots

Visit site
If any of us had offended that many times - we would be in jail.

That doesn’t really answer the question. How does her money play a part in that?

What I will say is that the fact she has never received a custodial sentence is not all that unusual. Far from it, in fact.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think its more the "Celebrity" status these people have...they think they're something and most of them really ain't....

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Drink, drugs, no insurance and driving while dq'd......there needs to be a very heavy book throwing competition

Based on the judge's comments in the story linked to above, it looks like a probation/community service combo is most likely, and perhaps a electronic tag as well.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
to be fair she didn't really have much choice being the only one in a crashed car
Only one in a crashed car..........mmm, that sounds vaguely familiar of someone else with a history of driving offences ?. Didn't lead to anything on that occasion so we should be grateful that hands have been held up here.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Regardless of how much money she may or may not have (I suspect more of the latter), the girl needs help…her head is totally screwed up - she’s a mess.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Regardless of how much money she may or may not have (I suspect more of the latter), the girl needs help…her head is totally screwed up - she’s a mess.

Yes she needs help, mainly to stop her killing someone whilst driving whilst under the influence of drink and drugs. The best help would be a spell incarcerated at Her Majesty's pleasure. There are only so many court appearances that someone can have surely, before she has to be removed from the danger she causes.

Status
Not open for further replies.