Karma grips

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23270

Anyone tried them? I need to regrip my irons, grip prices have gone silly recently but these seem very reasonable. But are they cheap for a reason?

D

Deleted member 23270

Have prices really gone silly? Still paying £6.95 for Golf Pride Tour Velvets as normal.
Pre covid I used to get them for about £4 and multicompound for about £9 but they are now about £15.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
They are great if you want black hands. I put some on my son’s clubs as I couldn’t get the smaller TVs at the times. They split and fell apart even with his limited use. Buy cheap, buy twice.

TVs haven’t been £4 for a very long time.

Black widow grips are better than Karma grips.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
From memory Karma grips come up a bit thin so you end an extra layer or 2 of tape....not used them for any length of time so can't comment on durability
And grip prices have gone silly......

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
For me, the best grips I've ever used were the Champ C8. They didn't make them for long but they were great. Good pattern for the grip, tacky and robust (I'm still using them now). A quick clean and all the tackiness comes back. Sadly they don't make them any more. But I have a spare set to put on as I liked the originals so much.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Put all of my clubs in today for regripping…decided to give Golf Pride Tour Velvet Align grips a go. Not cheap but pro doing an offer on all grips and fitting, plus winnings in my shop account will pay for them.

D

Deleted member 23270

Karma velour have been ordered from Adore so hopefully they will be ok 🤞

D

Deleted member 23270

Grips arrived and fitted, tried at the range this afternoon. Look and feel pretty much identical to Lamkin Crossline, hopefully they last well.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yesterday was first time out with new grips…Golf Pride Tour Velvet Align.

They felt tremendous…and I admit to having been very cynical about the ‘advantages’ of expensive over cheap in such as grips. That said £170 for the grips and fitting for 12 clubs 😳 - just as well I had sufficient winnings in my pro shop account to cover much of the cost.

And it may be a complete coincidence…but I seemed to swing the club quite freely yesterday and my strike with irons was definitely better…who’d have thunk it.