Just when you think America can’t get any crazier…

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He is too young to be prosecuted but it will be interesting to see if they go after his parents. What is a 6yr old doing with a gun, how did he have access to it?
Yes but if they put his parents away what happens to him?
Really sorry state of affairs ,truly shocking.
I feel for the poor teachers family.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes but if they put his parents away what happens to him?
Really sorry state of affairs ,truly shocking.
I feel for the poor teachers family.
Maybe he will live with responsible people?

The whole issue of teacher safety in America is mind blowing. The checks on pupils, the scanners to walk through each morning, gun safety drills, it's crazy when these are schools.

D-S

Visit site

The whole issue of teacher safety in America is mind blowing. The checks on pupils, the scanners to walk through each morning, gun safety drills, it's crazy when these are schools.
And the NRA response is ‘arm the teachers’!
Over 600 mass shooting in each of the last 3 years in the US and ” 95% of schools are practising shooter and lockdown drills in one form or another. Some states, such as Florida, have passed laws making them mandatory.”

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm rather glad we don't have the gun culture in the UK, especially with the way society is going, can you imagine , the road rage, parking altercations and the like turing into shoot outs.
As someone who owns a shotgun, this will be my last few months with one. Too.much hassle to get the license now, plus I just don't get the time any longer and with the cost of cartridges the way they are even clay pigeon cost has shot up.

Last edited:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm rather glad we don't have the gun culture innthe UK, especially with the way society is going, van you imagine , the road rage, parking altercations and the like turingbinto shoot outs.
As someone who owns a shotgun, this will be my last few months with one. Too.much hassle to get the license now, plus I just don't get the time any longer and with the cost of cartridges the way they are even clay pigeon cost has shot up.

I'll remember this next time your stood over a slippery 3 footer for par!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Yes I know he’s only 6 yrs old but I wouldn’t think to many families would want to adopt him.
To look a teacher in the eye and pull the trigger takes some doing.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes I know he’s only 6 yrs old but I wouldn’t think to many families would want to adopt him.
To look a teacher in the eye and pull the trigger takes some doing.
Move states, change the name etc. Who knows, at 6 he have known what he was doing, he may have thought it was just a game? One for the child psychologist to deal with first of all.

What's for certain, he should never have been able to get hold of the gun in the first place.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Owning a gun isn't a prerequisite to shoot someone or have an urge to shoot someone.
In the UK we have a right to own shotguns, a licence can only be refused on the grounds of proven insanity, age or not having a suitable cabinet to lock it in. The restriction on how many you can keep is only based on the capacity of the cabinet.

When my dad got his shotgun for a spot of clay pigeon shooting when he retired, he asked the police officer what the legal age limit was and the officer replied "technically 2, but thats only because someone one who has known you for two years has to vouch for you".

This was 5 or 6 years ago mind.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a good idea....so she can shoot the 6 year old back......what a good look that would be....
America and it's guns........you do wonder what it'll take to shake them up......
Maybe a teacher killing a six year old in self defence?
Mad crazy gun laws.

Mandofred

Visit site
If you are waiting for the US to use common sense....well, you may have to wait a long time. It's not a lot different here (as far as common sense)....all you have to do is look at the world around you. Luckily, you don't have as many guns here....and I hope it stays that way. This is coming from a guy who from a young age had assorted BB guns, 3 or 4 .22 rifles, 2 shotguns and a .30-30 in his bedroom. I wasn't a hunter, but lived in a big hunting community. I just liked to target shoot, so I used the .22's most of the time. The world is different now. A friend from college (I was in his wedding party) no longer speaks to me because I objected to the number and ease of getting guns in the US....he is a big gun rights person. I remember a few guys who had rifles in their pickups...usually stored across the rear view window in the school parking lot (mid 70's).

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Unbelievable ruling and direction of travel. Ridiculous in my opinion.

Religion and politics should not mix. EVER!!
In a secular society religious beliefs should not determine political policy, however I might suggest that policy can reasonably be reviewed, assessed and commented upon by those of faith in the context of the main precepts that they hold. But the way some religious interpretations are used in the USA to drive and determine policy is frankly unconscionable. Fortunately most of faith in the UK consider such interpretations extreme and irrelevant today - if they were indeed actually ever relevant.

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Are you suggesting shot guns aren't lethal enough ? In all honesty your question is just daft what iffery.
What do you find difficult to understand when I suggest the types of gun you can own are more restricted in the UK. What has that got to do with how lethal a shot gun is.