Just nipping down to the tip

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cardboard boxes go with paper in the recycling truck, as do plastics, glass and metal.
Food and green waste goes in the brown wheelie bin.
General waste goes in black bin bags....and these are what is being ripped and inspected.
Thats 3 different trucks with 3 different crews on your bin day.

Our lot won't let us have wheelie bins

All black bags and orange bags

Very backwards

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our lot won't let us have wheelie bins

All black bags and orange bags

Very backwards
I would prefer if it was wheelie bins for each different waste, not just the brown ones.
Nothing better than first thing on bin day and the cats and foxes have decided to spread the contents of many bags everywhere.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
So far we have had a dishwasher, tumble drier, sofa, two beds and over 200 tyres dumped. Because it is on private land we have to pay to have them removed.

hOJof1p.jpg

3JlUfLn.jpg

cfWDsaj.jpg

uq0gvrk.jpg

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Clivew, that is dreadful. One, the fly tipping. Two, that you get left with it.

We had a similar experience at work but at about 5% of the level you have had. The unfairness of it stinks though. Move that stuff 20 meters and the council removes it. Is there anything you can do or are you stuffed?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Since our council started charging for many items to go to the tip fly tipping has increased dramatically..
Go figure........:rolleyes:

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Clivew, that is dreadful. One, the fly tipping. Two, that you get left with it.

We had a similar experience at work but at about 5% of the level you have had. The unfairness of it stinks though. Move that stuff 20 meters and the council removes it. Is there anything you can do o only take r are you stuffed?
If the idiots dump it at the side of the road the council will take it away but because it is on private land they wont. If i move it over to the roadside and am spotted then it is me who is accused of fly tipping. The local council will only take two tyres at a time at the tip which is about fifteen miles away so the only option is to pay someone to uplift them at £1.50 per tyre plus VAT!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Ours is still shut. Four months and counting. The side of my house is piled high with rubbish.

birdyhunter

Visit site
Our tip has adopted the online booking system and it works really well. The 5 mins it takes to register means that you don't have to queue for 20 mins every time you arrive at 10am on Sunday morning.

You get your own parking place and 15 mins to offload the rubbish.. It also stops BMW X5 drivers from parking diagonally across 2 bays and blocking people in, just to get 10 yards nearer the skip they want.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I was just about to rant about the tips, then I did research and figured out I have been an idiot all along.

I used to live in Brentford which belongs to Hounslow, and there is a tip 10 minutes away that belongs to Richmond. We went to Feltham which was about 20 minutes away.
Now we live in Hampton which belongs to Richmond. The Richmond tip by Kew is about 30 to 40 minutes away but the Feltham one about 15.
So I always thought we have to use the one belonging to your council, but I just figured out there is a west London connection and we can use either ;-)

However, the tip closes to me is a Surrey one in Sunbury with the entry directly opposite my golf course. They make the traffic bad for any tee time after 8am and I can't use that one, so it has no benefit to me at all ;-(
I understand that we pay council tax elsewhere, but it seems silly that I can't go to the most convenient one.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was just about to rant about the tips, then I did research and figured out I have been an idiot all along.

I used to live in Brentford which belongs to Hounslow, and there is a tip 10 minutes away that belongs to Richmond. We went to Feltham which was about 20 minutes away.
Now we live in Hampton which belongs to Richmond. The Richmond tip by Kew is about 30 to 40 minutes away but the Feltham one about 15.
So I always thought we have to use the one belonging to your council, but I just figured out there is a west London connection and we can use either ;-)

However, the tip closes to me is a Surrey one in Sunbury with the entry directly opposite my golf course. They make the traffic bad for any tee time after 8am and I can't use that one, so it has no benefit to me at all ;-(
I understand that we pay council tax elsewhere, but it seems silly that I can't go to the most convenient one.
Its rubbish!