Junior Witter

benny

Head Pro
Visit site
tut tut tut.....dear dear. I stayed up late twice this weekend despite there being golf/work early the next day. Sunday night was worth it to see Sergio Garcias return to ]golfs top table....Saturday was....a complete non-event.

Junior Witter, for years now has tried to tie up the British Super Fight with Ricky Hatton and a successful title defence on Saturday, infront of a partisan home crowd against useful American Timothy Bradley would have taken him one step closer to a dream date with the hitman. Instead we got a lumpen performance from Witter, who never got going and the inevitable split points decision that rightly went against him was compounded by a raking Bradley right hand that put him down half way throught the fight.

What now for Witter? Do we think the Hatton fight will ever happen following yet another British title holder losing their belt? Perhaps the only way it will happen now is a sensational Hatton defeat to Juan Luzcano this month. It would be a real shame if the only way these two british champions meet is in the wake of embarrassing defeats. Something tells me they shouldve got it on sooner......

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
never been a great witter fan,always thought he was over rated(certainly by himself),hatton would destroy him,he wouldn't be able to hold up against the intensity of a full on hatton attack.i'm looking forward to the hatton fight,i want to see if the mayweather defeat has taken any of the fight out of him.