Junior coaching concessions

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As a junior coach at my club ( level 1) as was told by a member that I would be eligible for concessionary rates at other clubs, anyone know if this is true?

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As a junior coach at my club ( level 1) as was told by a member that I would be eligible for concessionary rates at other clubs, anyone know if this is true?

Hi,
I'm just being matter of fact here, don't want it to sound harsh or anything, but if you went to a man or woman who's income is from teaching amateurs to play golf, on what basis would they choose to work for less teaching some stranger just because you help out teaching other strangers' kids at another golf club?

Now, maybe if one of the local golf bodies offered a subsidy scheme to volunteers, so that you paid less but they topped it up so the Pro got full payment, that would work. Maybe there's a scheme like that in operation?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi,
I'm just being matter of fact here, don't want it to sound harsh or anything, but if you went to a man or woman who's income is from teaching amateurs to play golf, on what basis would they choose to work for less teaching some stranger just because you help out teaching other strangers' kids at another golf club?

Now, maybe if one of the local golf bodies offered a subsidy scheme to volunteers, so that you paid less but they topped it up so the Pro got full payment, that would work. Maybe there's a scheme like that in operation?

I may be wrong, but I believe the OP is referring to cheaper playing rates and not for lessons. I have heard of it before but just for PGA Pro's and not for volunteers. Either way it is just local things that clubs may or may not offer.

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I may be wrong, but I believe the OP is referring to cheaper playing rates and not for lessons. I have heard of it before but just for PGA Pro's and not for volunteers. Either way it is just local things that clubs may or may not offer.

Ah yes, reading it again you may be correct 👍, "coaching concessions" may have misled me.

If it's green fees, I doubt it even more so.