Judged by what clubs you use???

lee_leggett

Head Pro
Visit site
I have made comments on people's equipment in the past, but only if I play with someone with no hcapp or off 28+ spraying the blades all over. I may say something bigger and more forgiving would be better. But never would I comment if the balls being hit well.

Each to their own. If it works use it.

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I play what works best for me, my bag is all fairly new as I only got back into the game about 2 years ago. I don't spend my money on drink, fags, cars or have children yet so golf clubs are my treats to myself. As people have said, as long as people have good course mannors and enjoy themselves I couldn't care less what people use. If it works, stick with it.

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I play what works best for me, my bag is all fairly new as I only got back into the game about 2 years ago. I don't spend my money on drink, fags, cars or have children yet so golf clubs are my treats to myself. As people have said, as long as people have good course mannors and enjoy themselves I couldn't care less what people use. If it works, stick with it.

I don't do this either, golf is probably the only thing I spend any money on

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

funnily enough I used to spend 90% of my income on this as well as women and gambling, the rest I frittered away.....

Bada Boom Tish!

:whistle:

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why? What would you rather newcomers wear?
a big red L like a learner driver till you get to cat2 then a green L till you get to cat1 then you can have a ceremony to burn them,but if you move back up to cat2 i'm sorry but you must stop playing and sell your gear on these pages.

Gazboy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've only heard one person comment about using non-premium equipment in the 3.5 years I've been playing and even then he was referring to Wilson irons. His comments about gear are overshadowed by his views on lady golfers and anyone with a handicap of 20 or higher, which unfortunately are more prolific than you'd expect.

Richuk123

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all. Wow, a great response to this thread! Thanks.

As a sidenote to this, i played in a members invitational today and me and the father in law were paired with a 14hcp and his 15 yr old lad , playing off 17. Now, His putter alone was worth more than my entire bag! lol.

I Ripped my Dunlop NZ9 3 wood on the first, past his drive and he asked "what is that club?" to which i said, "Dunlop" . he then had the most bizzare look on his face. He asked if he could have a look at it, which was fine and he was stunned to see that it had a stock graffaloy in it and how well it sat. End of the round, he said he was gonna pick one up and try it as he couldn't believe how well it flew. (as he had the new nike covert fairway wood i doubt that very much) but it was nice to get a "hey, these things aint that bad!.

Typical that the only non dunlop club in my bag, my driver, was a complete bag of nails today. fairways were a rare commodity today lol

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As I found from my search for a new set of bats it isn't always the best looking that are the best. No one can say the G25 are the best looking but they work for me and to be honest if the guy had put a Dunlop in my hand and the numbers were the best I'd have gone with it. I think if you were to put a Dunlop driver and iron in a blind test I am sure many might pick it but as soon as they hear the name Dunlop they switch off. Brand loyalty and manufacturer bull goes a long way

Richuk123

Head Pro
Visit site
As I found from my search for a new set of bats it isn't always the best looking that are the best. No one can say the G25 are the best looking but they work for me and to be honest if the guy had put a Dunlop in my hand and the numbers were the best I'd have gone with it. I think if you were to put a Dunlop driver and iron in a blind test I am sure many might pick it but as soon as they hear the name Dunlop they switch off. Brand loyalty and manufacturer bull goes a long way

Very true indeed. I think if they blind tested new drivers , irons and balls, rather than see the brand it would be really great to see what the findings are.

Whist it may look like i'm a rep for Dunlop Golf, it is more of a case that i want people to open their minds in regards to equipment. People will wear the Dunlop clothing, as Westy, Clarke, Howell & Aitken wear it. there high end shirts are only £15 and are made by Antigua, so decent quality, and i know Aitken road tested the new NZ9 irons, but opted to stay on the Nike Blades. John Letters have challenge tour & Senior Tour players using the gear and i know Benross is being used by some Pro's.

Golf can fit any budget nowadays and is enabling the game to grow, and i like that.

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Very true indeed. I think if they blind tested new drivers , irons and balls, rather than see the brand it would be really great to see what the findings are.

Whist it may look like i'm a rep for Dunlop Golf, it is more of a case that i want people to open their minds in regards to equipment. People will wear the Dunlop clothing, as Westy, Clarke, Howell & Aitken wear it. there high end shirts are only £15 and are made by Antigua, so decent quality, and i know Aitken road tested the new NZ9 irons, but opted to stay on the Nike Blades. John Letters have challenge tour & Senior Tour players using the gear and i know Benross is being used by some Pro's.

Golf can fit any budget nowadays and is enabling the game to grow, and i like that.

Love my letters irons. Feel and looks are a real winner for me. Some people may worry about sell on value, but im not planning on getting rid of them for a long time so they will definitely earn their money. You have to go into club fittings with an open mind.