Joining fees

Ista

Hacker
Visit site
To be honest, I'm not sure there are too many clubs charging joining fees around you (and me) anyway. Ashton still has a £1k JF (and has a relatively full membership), but I find that a bit baffling. Wigan GC has dropped it, and WGC was one of the most difficult clubs to join in the area not so long ago.. Houghwood has massively reduced it and has offered other perks instead.. Gathurst has dropped it (it might be £1 as a token payment)..

Which clubs are you looking at?

i live between Dean Wood & Houghwood & whilst they are chalk & cheese lay outs I like both courses. Will probably come down to what feedback I get from any clubs within a 20 minute travel zone before I make a decision in the springtime. Must admit Wigan GC was not in my thought process ( I never even knew where it was until quite recently ). That, Gathurst & North West National as well I guess. Where do you play ?

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
i live between Dean Wood & Houghwood & whilst they are chalk & cheese lay outs I like both courses. Will probably come down to what feedback I get from any clubs within a 20 minute travel zone before I make a decision in the springtime. Must admit Wigan GC was not in my thought process ( I never even knew where it was until quite recently ). That, Gathurst & North West National as well I guess. Where do you play ?
I'm at Houghwood. I used to be at Gathurst. Depends what you want from a club really. Gathurst, Wigan, Dean Wood are all quite traditional members clubs. Houghwood is a bit more modern and is proprietary. NW National doesn't really have the best reputation, but I haven't played it so I can't really comment on the course. You've also got Chorley GC, which is right at the limit of your commute limit.

Youre re welcome for a knock at Houghwood if we can schedule something.