Jacket and Tie nonsense !!!

D

Deleted Member 1156

My club has 2 bars I can use. The same 2 bars for women as well.

My club also has 2 bars, main lounge and spike bar which is basically part of the main lounge but just round the corner. It is usually filled with guys watching football, don't think I have ever seen a woman in there during my 10 years of membership.
Maybe we should put cookery programs on instead to make it more welcoming to female members :thup:

D

Deleted member 16999

My club also has 2 bars, main lounge and spike bar which is basically part of the main lounge but just round the corner. It is usually filled with guys watching football, don't think I have ever seen a woman in there during my 10 years of membership.
Maybe we should put cookery programs on instead to make it more welcoming to female members :thup:
Or ask yourselves why women don’t go in there, maybe they don’t feel welcome or intimidated.

Football isn’t on everyday at all hours, just seems like it. ;)

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or ask yourselves why women don’t go in there, maybe they don’t feel welcome or intimidated.

Football isn’t on everyday at all hours, just seems like it. ;)

Boom! Plenty of women like watching football too, or other sports, just not the toxic atmosphere in some of these lounges.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Its quite strange that Golf Clubs often continuously broadcaste Football !!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Important point is that they are open to all. If one group of members choose not to go there that is up to them, you can't suit everyone.

Football, or sport, puts bums on seats in golf clubs. It keeps members in the bar longer, buying food and drink whilst they watch. Otherwise, it is play golf, chat about round, leave. Sport on the tv can mean play golf, chat about round, watch match, leave. The question is whether the money spent covers the incredibly high cost of having Sky in the club.

D

Deleted member 15344

Its quite strange that Golf Clubs often continuously broadcaste Football !!

Would suspect the majority of golf club members would also be football fans - and also cricket and rugby etc. A lot of the guys playing golf also used to the play the sports as well.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Live sport keeps people in the bar longer. Usually get a good showing for the big football, rugby and cricket games, and have introduced a second screen so we can show golf on one channel and the big match on another. For the very big golf (RC or last round of the Open) we tend to get the big screen out in the main part of the clubhouse and put food on. Last RC there was around 70 watching it and we arranged a 9 hole social comp in the morning

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I take it all back :whistle:

it did add to the occasion, if you've stepped inside the New Clubhouse you'd know why it's J&T, what a place, and the clubhouse at the course is just as stunning, the only downside was 40mph cross winds on a links course, but hey ho...great day out.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I take it all back :whistle:

it did add to the occasion, if you've stepped inside the New Clubhouse you'd know why it's J&T, what a place, and the clubhouse at the course is just as stunning, the only downside was 40mph cross winds on a links course, but hey ho...great day out.
Where is the New clubhouse ? Got invited into the members clubhouse by the 18th green on the Old. Is that the one ?

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Where is the New clubhouse ? Got invited into the members clubhouse by the 18th green on the Old. Is that the one ?

Not the R&A clubhouse then ? I'm guessing it's the St Andrews Club you mean, tis all very confusing, there is the St Andrews New Club, the St Andrews Club and the New/Jubilee course clubhouse

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Not the R&A clubhouse then ? I'm guessing it's the St Andrews Club you mean, tis all very confusing, there is the St Andrews New Club, the St Andrews Club and the New/Jubilee course clubhouse
Yes the clubhouse with the small balcony’s that look over the front of the 18th green. Golfcitydweller who used to be on here invited us for a beer. Like stepping back 100 years.

Jim did say he would get us temporary membership next time we go up, so imagine that would be at the New/Jubilee clubhouse ? As you say very confusing.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
That's deffo the St Andrews Club, the St Andrews New club that I was in today was like a palace. The New/Jubilee clubhouse(also like a palace) would give you temp membership on the day I assume if you were playing either courses, though that isn't actually a Golf Club in the golf club terms that we know....jeezo I don't have a clue tbh.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's deffo the St Andrews Club, the St Andrews New club that I was in today was like a palace. The New/Jubilee clubhouse(also like a palace) would give you temp membership on the day I assume if you were playing either courses, though that isn't actually a Golf Club in the golf club terms that we know....jeezo I don't have a clue tbh.

Did you like the course ?

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Did you like the course ?

Which one ?

Played all the older ones many times, least favourite, the Jube, The Eden was ace before they butchered it to make way for the academy, TOC is a magical place without doubt but not a great course IMO, the New has always been my favourite out of all these but in 40mph crosswinds today it was very challenging.