Jacket Advice

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I am after a new lightweight golf jacket. It does not need to be fully waterproof (my ProQuip has that covered) but showerproof, windproof and breathable is a must. I'll wear it all year round, but it does not need to be insulated as I will layer up when it's properly cold in winter, and would like to be able to wear it over a polo shirt in spring/summer when it's not quite warm enough to be shirt sleeves.

I am looking at Footjoy's Hydroknit jacket and think it may be the one to go for. Also looking at Galvin Green, but they have many different styles of jacket that even excluding the mega expensive fully waterproof ones, it is hard to work out how they differ from one another. I think their Lucas jacket might be what I'm after.

Does anyone have any opinion on these compared to one another (which might be to tell me they are quite different products), on anything else from the Footjoy/Galvin Green range I should consider, or indeed anything from any other brand to think about?

Unfortunately, the range in store at my local golf retailers is limited, so I can't go and look to see the differences. Therefore, I am relying on online. I will get several and then compare and return any that fail to pass muster, but don't want to do so excessively.

Thank you.

D

Deleted member 23270

I've heard the hydroknit is excellent although I've never been able to track one down to have a look. Also consider Under Armour, they do a 'water resistant' range which is fine for light showers. I picked one of them up in a County Golf sale for about £30 so worth checking the website.

They also have this right now which is a silly price if you are small/medium

https://www.county-golf.co.uk/water...-paclite-goretex-waterproof-f295/colour/black

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I am after a new lightweight golf jacket. It does not need to be fully waterproof (my ProQuip has that covered) but showerproof, windproof and breathable is a must. I'll wear it all year round, but it does not need to be insulated as I will layer up when it's properly cold in winter, and would like to be able to wear it over a polo shirt in spring/summer when it's not quite warm enough to be shirt sleeves.

I am looking at Footjoy's Hydroknit jacket and think it may be the one to go for. Also looking at Galvin Green, but they have many different styles of jacket that even excluding the mega expensive fully waterproof ones, it is hard to work out how they differ from one another. I think their Lucas jacket might be what I'm after.

Does anyone have any opinion on these compared to one another (which might be to tell me they are quite different products), on anything else from the Footjoy/Galvin Green range I should consider, or indeed anything from any other brand to think about?

Unfortunately, the range in store at my local golf retailers is limited, so I can't go and look to see the differences. Therefore, I am relying on online. I will get several and then compare and return any that fail to pass muster, but don't want to do so excessively.

Thank you.
Considered simply a pullover? The ProQuip then covers any 'showers'/wind. To me, non-waterproof jackets are not worth the bother/space.