Is Twitter/Facebook a good way to meet new playing partners?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
What if you have a charity golf day like HFH? Do you approach through social media, or through the correct channels?

And if you’re a celeb how would you separate out the bona fide requests from the psychos?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
What if you have a charity golf day like HFH? Do you approach through social media, or through the correct channels?

And if you’re a celeb how would you separate out the bona fide requests from the psychos?

I suppose like anyone that suddenly wants to be your friend or contacts you and you don't know them, you do a little bit of background checking and if you can see from previous posts their a serial poster asking for games, RT's and gods knows what else to anyone and everyone, you either block them or report them as a stalker.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep, maybe but isn’t social media all about interacting with ur fans? Maybe Carly Booth enjoys the attention from middle aged accountants with double digit handicaps looking for an RT? Maybe !!:(

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yep, maybe but isn’t social media all about interacting with ur fans? Maybe Carly Booth enjoys the attention from middle aged accountants with double digit handicaps looking for an RT? Maybe !!:(

phew, thank god im a single figure handicapper, thought you had me sussed then!!!!!!

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
One of my friends is a big cyclist and follows lance Armstrong on Twitter. A few years a go (before the drug stuff came out) he asked him when you are near Edinburgh can I join you for a ride.

well a few months later lance replied back and invited him and few friends to ride around Scotland for a few hours!

proper down to earth and a small group too, however he is gutted now that is idol is a big fat cheat and has removed the signed jersey of his wall that he got.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
One of my friends is a big cyclist and follows lance Armstrong on Twitter. A few years a go (before the drug stuff came out) he asked him when you are near Edinburgh can I join you for a ride.

well a few months later lance replied back and invited him and few friends to ride around Scotland for a few hours!

proper down to earth and a small group too, however he is gutted now that is idol is a big fat cheat and has removed the signed jersey of his wall that he got.

this just highlights the amount of drugs taken by lance and other cyclists, so they were able to cycle around Scotland in a mere couple of hours;)