Build me a bag

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Bit of a fantasy topic here but it’s a slow Monday morning in work.

I’ve been out of game for about 5 years now due to various reasons. Recently rejoined my club and need to get cards in for handicap. Was off 5 in 2015 when last played. Presume it will be similar, maybe a shot more.

I’m looking to get the bones of a full new set of clubs but will go second hand. I’d prefer quality second hand to average new. Most of my old clubs were fairly dated and I just fancy a change. ( old includes Cleveland irons and wedges, Titleist 910 driver, Taylormade rbz 3 wood and hybrid, yes putter. All playable and good clubs but old now

So I was wondering who could build me a set from Golfbidder with a budget of approx £800

Driver
3 wood
3 hybrid
4-PW
52 & 58
Putter

No brand loyalty, don’t need to be latest models but any improvement in recent technology welcome

I know it’s hard pick for a player you don’t know. Few bits about my game
My swing is 105 mph with driver. I’m more into accuracy than distance. Would be known as someone who’s consistently in play, probably too conservative at times.
No one area sticks out as weak or strong in my game, more overall consistent.

CountLippe

Visit site
There will be a million and one choices. I would recommend new wedges though. Cleveland RTX3's are good and can be got for less then £80 each.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ya I know it’s probably impossible for anyone to actually do what I’m asking. Cleveland wedges are definitely on the short list
Any good recommendation for irons? Something thin enough but with forgiveness, any Mizuno suit? I’ve never owned Mizuno but people always mention them in relation to irons

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would keep the 3 wood and putter you had for a start. If you do well with them they're the sort of things it might be tough to improve upon. Just save your money for irons, wedges and driver really.

Don't know how much forgiveness you like in your irons, but you could get a set of Mizunos for £250 odd, people seem to like Mizunos:
https://www.golfbidder.co.uk/product/978650/Mizuno_MP-15.html (stiff shaft £240)
https://www.golfbidder.co.uk/product/982556/Mizuno_MP-54.html (regular shaft, £280)
https://www.golfbidder.co.uk/product/998309/Mizuno_JPX_850_Forged.html (bit more forgiveness, regular shaft, £250)

Drivers you could go for a Ping G400 for £200, or a TM M2 for £160 odd.

Wedges they've got a couple of black satin RTX-3s in the lofts you want for £50 each:
https://www.golfbidder.co.uk/product/969222/Cleveland_RTX-3_Black_Satin.html (52°)
https://www.golfbidder.co.uk/product/1002095/Cleveland_RTX-3_Black_Satin.html (58°)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A quick look through what you have and I would keep the putter if it is something that kept you to your handicap, RBZ 3 wood and hybrid and possibly the wedges depending on how worn they are, the only thing that really has changed in wedges is the ability to buy the sole grind that suits your game.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bit of a fantasy topic here but it’s a slow Monday morning in work.

I’ve been out of game for about 5 years now due to various reasons. Recently rejoined my club and need to get cards in for handicap. Was off 5 in 2015 when last played. Presume it will be similar, maybe a shot more.

I’m looking to get the bones of a full new set of clubs but will go second hand. I’d prefer quality second hand to average new. Most of my old clubs were fairly dated and I just fancy a change. ( old includes Cleveland irons and wedges, Titleist 910 driver, Taylormade rbz 3 wood and hybrid, yes putter. All playable and good clubs but old now

So I was wondering who could build me a set from Golfbidder with a budget of approx £800

Driver
3 wood
3 hybrid
4-PW
52 & 58
Putter

No brand loyalty, don’t need to be latest models but any improvement in recent technology welcome

I know it’s hard pick for a player you don’t know. Few bits about my game
My swing is 105 mph with driver. I’m more into accuracy than distance. Would be known as someone who’s consistently in play, probably too conservative at times.
No one area sticks out as weak or strong in my game, more overall consistent.
At that speed you would be borderline stiff/ x stiff.
I am off 6 and have had all sorts of irons but just found a set of TM M2 tour irons they are awesome.
You would prob hit a ping driver to high so a Titleist 915 would be good.
I would pay for a fitting just to get your specs ,you don’t need to buy anything ,then look this then narrows down your options knowing they will suit.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Putter is actually first club I need to change. I was using a 32” which was always the length I used and was happy with. I usually bought longer and had them cut down. But for whatever reason it now feels way too short, I was putting on carpet at home and it felt all wrong. I’m not sure am I standing taller or what

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
If your current club heads are in decent condition then you could just look at getting new shafts fitted. That way you can directly improve on what you have without breaking the bank.

New wedges wouldn’t hurt thought.

A newer but still second hand driver and then getting the right shaft in it would also do wonders.