Is there clubhouse in the country not showing the Ryder Cup...

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Was at Tadmarton on Friday for pairs open and they didn't have a TV showing it...everyone was sat huddled around their own phones hooked up to their WiFi :)

carldudley

Visit site
We had it on yesterday and did a Sunday roast - clubhouse was full, anyone not booked for the lunch had to sit outside. Fortunately there was a TV outside too

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There’s a variance of numbers being thrown about in this thread with costs ranging from £2k-£20k!!!

I think it all comes down to your membership make up which dictates if it’s a viable expense or not.

Generally our club has a pretty strong membership of 20-50 year old of whom all like beer and food and stay behind after rounds to watch footy/golf/f1 so I have no doubts that our sky recoups it’s cost and some. However, I’ve also been to clubs (my old club is prime here) where their main membership is 55~80. Most members would stay for 1-2 drinks max before leaving so there was no way that sky was viable as a way of generating cash but they recognised that without it the last big of bar traffic would no doubt be at risk.

In this day and age, a club house with no sky surely is pushing wet profit straight out the door?