Is there a course you would never tire of playing?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17920

Birkdale for me.

The course is great but the weather makes it a different course each time you play it.

Some courses yu can play on auto-pilot - not Birkdale.
Think I would get bored of getting beaten up every time I played it :D

Nashy

Head Pro
Visit site
I have been at Crewe for 21 years now so I must still enjoy it.

The other is Royal StDavids I could play that everyday Wind rain or shine.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Would never tire of a course, provided it was in condition. I could imagine getting tired of the club far more readily.

D

Deleted member 21258

I am probably more in the camp that I don't tire of playing most courses, provided the holes are varied in look, length, shape, hilly and so on. The way I play golf its like playing a new course very time I go out!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I have always felt joy when heading to Pitlochry to play and it has never disappointed. In fact I get wee tingle up the spine just thinking of it. It's not just the spectacular location and views - and nice golf holes also - it's the memories of happy times working in Pitlochry the summers of 76 and 77 that the course invokes.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have always felt joy when heading to Pitlochry to play and it has never disappointed. In fact I get wee tingle up the spine just thinking of it. It's not just the spectacular location and views - and nice golf holes also - it's the memories of happy times working in Pitlochry the summers of 76 and 77 that the course invokes.

not sure i could face that climb for 3 holes at the start of every round!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Im a member at one, Wallasey, but granted I play it no more than 20 times a year.

I'd never get bored playing Formby, stunning golf course.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Certainly some likely candidates - even Panshanger, which I play regularly! And some highly appropriate other comments (e.g. SILH's re luck/thanks and those about it being reason/requirement to join the club!).

I'm pretty certain that any properly maintained Harry Colt course would to satisfy me! Or any links one, as the conditions are never the same for 2 consecutive rounds - even in the same day!!

And for a couple of years, I actually played Mill Ride virtually every day and never tired of getting beaten up by that course!

Oh! And The Shire is another that I (would) never tire of - both on and off the course!

Last edited:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ain’t that the truth! Well worth it when you get up there though.

didnt help the first time we played it we were "on tour" and hadnt actually made it to bed the night before. The spring at the top was very welcome for some very dehydrated golfers. as you say once on the plateau it is stunning

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
The Royal Norwich GC - Home Club. Wouldnt continue to play there if I couldn't play it each week!

Thorpeness - Played it in November, itching to go back! Absolutely loved it!

Off to play WoodHall Spa for the first time in March.....going on what I've been told that may be added to the list too!

Yes to Thorpeness. Play it every year and it batters me. It's the most difficult course I have ever played, and I have played lots. Even good shots can end with lost balls. One day I will thrash it to an inch of it's life..........

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
that must have improved from 25 years ago!!!!!

I wouldn’t know about that long ago as I first played it in 2014 but me and my mate love it.

Especially this time of year it’s excellent always tip top condition

I live 37 miles away and my mate lives 25 miles from it so it’s a decent one to go to for us both

Also it’s one them journeys that’s far but doesn’t take long. 1 hour door to door

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've been a member where I play for over 30 years and can honestly say that there is not another club in the area I would rather be a member of.

I have played most clubs in Dorset , South Somerset and West Wilts and there are only a few that I would not be bothered about playing again.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wouldn’t know about that long ago as I first played it in 2014 but me and my mate love it.

Especially this time of year it’s excellent always tip top condition

I live 37 miles away and my mate lives 25 miles from it so it’s a decent one to go to for us both

Also it’s one them journeys that’s far but doesn’t take long. 1 hour door to door

I don't suppose I have played Panshanger in 20 years, I live about 10 minutes away so I guess I should give it a try sometime soon.