Is there a course you would never tire of playing?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played Monte Mayor probably 17 years ago... I was young and not appreciative of what a course it was (I also wasn’t much of a golfer). I was very saddened to hear it had gone out of business as I’d have liked to go back now, and still score tragically, but appreciate it much more.
Yes this is a great course but could you see yourself playing in your 80s there it was bad enough in my 30s.
I heard it was gone mountain goats and all.
Real pity.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played Monte Mayor probably 17 years ago... I was young and not appreciative of what a course it was (I also wasn’t much of a golfer). I was very saddened to hear it had gone out of business as I’d have liked to go back now, and still score tragically, but appreciate it much more.

You could play there for the rest of your life and every round would be uniquely different.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I think a lot of people are missing the point. There is a big difference between playing a course a couple of times and enjoying it and a course you would never tire of playing.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
My home course, i guess. Its not the best, and has its faults, but its the people who make it great, and i would miss that somewhere else.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For me you need to factor in the whole club: course, members, vibe, location etc. Top 2 for me would be Parkstone and Bearwood. Add in a couple of links - Saunton and Royal Porthcawl as second clubs