Is there a course you would never tire of playing?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't suppose I have played Panshanger in 20 years, I live about 10 minutes away so I guess I should give it a try sometime soon.

give it a go for sure

the only downside they have done recently was get rid of the loyalty cards... think it was every 6 rounds you got a free one which was ace

other than that its spot on

challenging at times

but the best bit is this time of year it drains excellently

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
If it was still open ..................... Monte Mayor in Spain.
Closer to home it's be Swinley Forest or Hankley Common.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Stuck between two. Cruden Bay and Woodhall Spa. Never thought anywhere would challenge Woodhall but Cruden certainly does.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
at home then cypress point great golf challenge in fantastic surroundings & views plus not often the same day to day given it's position & the weather .... with spyglass a close 2nd

if it had to be not a home club then it would have to be pine valley carved out of a forest superb course architecture & the toughest of golfing challenges

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Although its nothing special I never get tired of my own place but the nearest clubs I'd happily play for the rest of my days are Tandridge and Royal St George's. There are many others but much further afield

D

Deleted Member 1156

at home then cypress point great golf challenge in fantastic surroundings & views plus not often the same day to day given it's position & the weather .... with spyglass a close 2nd

if it had to be not a home club then it would have to be pine valley carved out of a forest superb course architecture & the toughest of golfing challenges

Coach......are you saying that you're a member at Cypress Point? Expect a PM from richart. :rofl:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Courses I have loved and would never tire of in no order.

Sheringham.
Anahita, Mauritius.
Bamburgh.
one on the algarve back in a minute. Palmares, hmmmmmm dribble.

Last edited:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I’ve played some decent courses thanks to the forum but I loved New Zealand so that’s my choice

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Although its nothing special I never get tired of my own place but the nearest clubs I'd happily play for the rest of my days are Tandridge and Royal St George's. There are many others but much further afield

Which only goes to show the subjective nature of these discussions - 'cos one of those I really don't enjoy playing (and I am yet to play the other!) :clap:

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ive 3 courses, Portstewart Strand been lucky enough to play it over 30 times and it just gets better, The Valley at Portrush a gem of a course played it nearly 20 times and love it, Crail Balcomie on a summers day it doesn't get any better

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Links courses would beat me up too much to want to play all the time.

Heathland for me, as stunning in the summer, but great drainage for the winter. Even protection from the wind from towering firs.

So many great ones to choose from, but West Hill, St George’s Hill, Swinley, The Berkshire Red, Blackmoor and Liphook would be on the list. Hankley can be a bit wild in winter.

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
If it was still open ..................... Monte Mayor in Spain.
Closer to home it's be Swinley Forest or Hankley Common.

I played Monte Mayor probably 17 years ago... I was young and not appreciative of what a course it was (I also wasn’t much of a golfer). I was very saddened to hear it had gone out of business as I’d have liked to go back now, and still score tragically, but appreciate it much more.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not the best, or the hardest but I always love playing at The Rolls of Monmouth. It’s in the absolute middle of nowhere and apart from the odd car going down a remote track, the only other sounds are of nature and other golfers.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
LPGA Hills course in Daytona .
This is the best course I have ever played .
Played a lot of places in US and at home but this just has everything.