Is the golf playing season over?

Tommy10

Visit site
We have a winter league that runs from end of October through to February, all played on normal greens thankfully.

It runs both days at weekend and a Wednesday I think so something like 50 odd opportunities to get a score in. Your top 5 stableford points scores get added up and winner decided by division that way. Play off yellows though, normal whites are over 6500 so that would be a real slog when course is wet and / or cold air

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If the course is open I’ll be playing. There will be a monthly Stableford and Winter Knockouts plus social golf. Plenty to keep me interested between November and March.

If you can’t enjoy the odd Social round on frozen greens you take it too seriously.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hahahaha what an over reaction to a bit of rain!!

Throw a shape over yourself and stop being so dramatic.

It's still August!!! Everything is in full swing.

Siolag

Visit site
Like others, I’ll play all year round. Will miss the summer evening golf when the nights draw in but planning to use that time to practice instead.

Still a good few qualifying comps before our competitive season is over.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I play golf all year round, I just don't play when it snows (rare in the SE) or if there's a storm

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Evening holes is coming to an end for me.

I usually put the wee one to bed at 7 and be on the tee for 7.15

We did it tonight and only has time for 9. Course pretty soggy. Greens not great. Real autumn feel about the place.

Sad :(

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We have a winter league that runs from end of October through to February, all played on normal greens thankfully.

It runs both days at weekend and a Wednesday I think so something like 50 odd opportunities to get a score in. Your top 5 stableford points scores get added up and winner decided by division that way. Play off yellows though, normal whites are over 6500 so that would be a real slog when course is wet and / or cold air

I've just got through to the final of the Winter League at my club !!!!! I'm expecting to play the final after ive already entered for the 2020/21 competition !!!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Mmm - I’ve played more often than every couple of days since restart - I’ve been rained on three times.
You shoud try Glasgow ;). In fairness this year hasn't been too bad but I remember back in 2017...........! :eek:
06-30-13-larrazabal-rain.gif