Is London Bridge down?

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
They'd have to lock her in to miss today... time gets us all eventually.
That's what I'm thinking, to not be there is much more than a sprained back.

Rumours round twitter (aye, I know) on Friday that she'd gone. Think the end is indeed nigh

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's what I'm thinking, to not be there is much more than a sprained back.

Rumours round twitter (aye, I know) on Friday that she'd gone. Think the end is indeed nigh

I hope this is untrue

She isn't a spring chicken so she won't be around forever but what a remarkable women and puts people 1/4 of her age to shame with her commitment to work / country.

Get well soon

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I so hope it is as we're being told and nothing more. For me, even seeing her in a wheelchair (if it is indeed her back) would be reassuring.

I know she's 95, and it will happen sometime, but I'll be beyond sad when we lose her :cry:

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
When I was a very little kid, back in the late forties and early fifties, I heard a song about that bridge being in the process of falling down.

Princess Elizabeth must have taken it quite seriously back then if the nice lady managed to keep it up for this long.

At her advanced age, however, maybe she should have Chuck fix it. I can picture him and Boris up on scaffolding right now, straightening the whole thing out.

Seriously, I've always had great confidence in you guys. Don't let our tourist attractions go to see seed. That's an awfully big ferris wheel you've got there.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can we please steer away from rumours and here'say on this matter folks.

Underrated band...

You've been saying that I’m driving you crazy,
And I haven't been around for you lately,
but I had a few things on my mind.
When I'm with you I am filled with emotion,
Can't you see that I'm giving you devotion,
And a lover like this is hard to find.
I know I've been walking around in a daze,
Baby, Baby.
You gotta believe me when I say....
a-oo ooo

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Underrated band...

You've been saying that I’m driving you crazy,
And I haven't been around for you lately,
but I had a few things on my mind.
When I'm with you I am filled with emotion,
Can't you see that I'm giving you devotion,
And a lover like this is hard to find.
I know I've been walking around in a daze,
Baby, Baby.
You gotta believe me when I say....
a-oo ooo

Dear lord. Sweet baby Jesus, Buddha, Allah… that deserves an infraction all on its ownsome.

Pure and Simple!

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I was a very little kid, back in the late forties and early fifties, I heard a song about that bridge being in the process of falling down.

Princess Elizabeth must have taken it quite seriously back then if the nice lady managed to keep it up for this long.

At her advanced age, however, maybe she should have Chuck fix it. I can picture him and Boris up on scaffolding right now, straightening the whole thing out.

Seriously, I've always had great confidence in you guys. Don't let our tourist attractions go to see seed. That's an awfully big ferris wheel you've got there.
I don't know who Chuck is but the latter will be making the most of the 'inevitable' when we're told it's happened.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The question in our house was "what the hell was she doing to sprain her back?" Mauling the paving flags out back for the new patio?

D

Deleted member 23270

Let's just hope that it's the loss of her husband, and her rock, that is causing her, and her children, to struggle a little more this year given the occasion and his past service.

I wish her well.
This was my thought when I saw Charles looking very upset.