Horologists thoughts

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hello chaps
Any opinions of Depth Charge automatic watches?
They look quite good and seem very reasonable.
I'm looking for a reasonable watch for work, the titainmium Citizen Eco drive I currently use is now very much like Triggers broom and is now at the end of it's life.
So....any thougths ?
Cheers

RichA

Visit site
Never heard of them so I googled it. It's got a Seiko automatic movement which should be bombproof. No idea about the case or brand though.
Another £100 and you'll get a Seiko 5 Auto watch that will probably be better overall quality.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Look at the automatic mechanism and see what it is in.
Lots of the older mechanisms are reproduced now in varying degrees of quality.
They may not be as efficient as current ones, just see if you can find the timing certificate (COSC, I think)
I wouldn’t say the above is negative at all, you can get a 3rd party to maintain and replace at low cost .. no one really knows just pick the watch you like the look of and enjoy it.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never heard of them so I googled it. It's got a Seiko automatic movement which should be bombproof. No idea about the case or brand though.
Another £100 and you'll get a Seiko 5 Auto watch that will probably be better overall quality.
I thought the same, but at £117 for an automatic, GMT, and sapphire glass (whereas Seiko have Hardlex at their early price points) I am thinking Im going to give it a whirl.
The reviews I have seen all seem very complementary and good.
It will be worn for work, not dress.

Buckles01

Visit site
Have a look at the Orient Kamasu also. Can be picked up for around £200 and a great daily watches. In house movement, sapphire glass and hacking.