Is distance embarrassing?

D

Deleted Member 1156

/shakes his head is disgust that someone should have to explain them self in this way.

Shame on your people.....

Nobody has asked the OP to explain himself. It's just been pointed out that he is much more fortunate than a lot of people on this forum and the expression 'know your audience' would be appropriate. I don't think anyone was having a go.

Nosevi

Head Pro
Visit site
I thought you'd never shut up :mad:

Fair, although I'm surprised you (or anyone else really) read it :)

Certainly was a junior officer :D

Also fair.....

Nobody has asked the OP to explain himself. It's just been pointed out that he is much more fortunate than a lot of people on this forum and the expression 'know your audience' would be appropriate. I don't think anyone was having a go.

Understood :thup:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Tried to reply to your last message but you're so popular you've run out of space. But thanks, I'll look at that event later, sounds like a good plan :thup:

Ah ok, thanks for the heads up, I've cleared it down a bit :thup:

Last edited by a moderator:

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've hit a few long shots in my time and when people have asked me how I do it I have generally come back with 'there is no reason you can't' and while some of them might be a little shorter or a little older they could still hit it further with the right time and effort. Unfortunately they are two things that a lot of people don't have in spades but if you told them it was this new miracle driver they would be tempted to part with the cash!

I've had comments along these lines too. People have said to me things like 'you give it a good smack' and 'how do you swing that hard?'. To me this is shows a lack of understanding on how to hit it to your potential. Like has been mentioned, get a good solid base that enables you to swing at a higher speed is a good start and learn how to accelerate the club from the top, not launch at it.

I think a lot of people would learn distance by trying to hit the driver with a half swing, to learn how to get the club back on the ball. IMO you need to learn how to move the club through the impact point, then building up to a full swing. Well that's how I learnt as a kid anyway.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nosevi.

Do not think that anyone is having a go at you and I don't think it is jealousy either, even though we would all love something like that. You made some wise decisions when you were young and now reeling the benefits. I wish I had as I was the type to spend all my time in the NAAFI bop wasting my money. But hey I always had the latest clubs and a fancy car....:cool:

But like has been mentioned, there are people out there not as fortunate as you and struggling to afford to play golf. This isn't like one of your Ferrari forums that is full of mega rich people.

But hey if I had the money I would build one too and I'm sure most would, so enjoy it and I hope you fulfil your ambition of becoming a PGA Pro, you have a great place to do lessons from.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

Speak for yourself poorboy. I saw the pictures and I was upset by what I saw, the fact that in 2014 in the UK people have to live in conditions like that, shocking. So I told my manservant to get an appeal going so I can help less fortunate people like the OP and I would ask fellow forumers to give generously. As you never know, one day you could be in the same position.