Irons packed up

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I know nothing last forever, it’s probably the cable which am gonna change later today. But why do they make them nigh on impossible to get into. Just before Xmas I struggled to get a particular screw head off. A pal got me a small socket set for different screw heads. There are 13 different types of screw heads. Why? Do they not want Tash or a n other to try and repair stuff. it just seems stupid. Flippin iron.

RichA

Visit site
I know nothing last forever, it’s probably the cable which am gonna change later today. But why do they make them nigh on impossible to get into. Just before Xmas I struggled to get a particular screw head off. A pal got me a small socket set for different screw heads. There are 13 different types of screw heads. Why? Do they not want Tash or a n other to try and repair stuff. it just seems stupid. Flippin iron.
You can probably blame bodgers like my dad. I grew up in a house where broken electrical plugs were replaced with matches or bits of cardboard holding the wires in the wall socket. An extension cable was just 2 lengths of cable salvaged from the tip, wires twisted together and covered in tape. It's a miracle I made it through childhood.
Only a week ago I relieved him of a cordless strimmer he'd tried to repair. Checked it out at home to find he'd used a piece of card to deactivate a safety cut-out switch.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's because there are different size and standards of screw heads, just like nuts and bolts.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A lot of the more "modern" screw heads are much better than the old phillips/pozidrive/superpozidrive or just slotted. Then of course we have the security heads as well:)
The modern iron is assembled by robot and not intended for repair. The old irons you could repair, but boy were they a nightmare to do.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ask Mrs Flog, but duck when you do.

Sadly there is no longer a Mrs Flog. I have got several irons kicking around the place. My daughter left them. I probably use one about once every few months. Tumble drier and lots of clothes to leave them to hang until the creases drop out.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Or upgrade slightly and get a Morphy Richards Steam Iron for £26.
Just replaced ours with the above, great bit of kit. ?

Tashyboy

Visit site
What is a non golfing iron?:unsure::unsure:

it’s a waste of three hours of my flippin life and £8 for a flexi cable I didn’t need. Looks like Missis T will be getting a new iron before I get new irons.
Wonder if she goes for a fitting?

Tashyboy

Visit site
Or upgrade slightly and get a Morphy Richards Steam Iron for £26.
Just replaced ours with the above, great bit of kit. ?
Yup and in three years you Will be resurrecting this thread saying Tash oys morphs Richards is not the only one to pack up. ?☹️

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

There was me thinking that Forest Pines was just the last straw for your irons. Use an apostrophe.