Irish Craic Classic 2014 Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Going to be hard to beat the 110 euro total for 2 rounds at ballyliffin.

€110 is good for Ballyliffin if your a visitor but you can play an open for €30/€40 nearly every week of the year if your a GUI member so not that great a deal in all honesty for us locals although the hotel does a great deal and it has always been a great weekend.

Plus it's a bit of a logistical nightmare for nearly everyone bar me, you and Chris

D

Deleted Member 1156

Yup, but it could be time to try somewhere different and hopefully get a few more folk over here to sample the delights.....

If you went for a venue close to one of the ferry ports I'm sure you might get a bit of interest from this side of the water. Being able to come over as a foot passenger with just clubs and holdall would help keep the cost right down :thup:

I did try making a suggestion that might get a few more people interested, sounds like it's been a great weekend in the past but I've been up to Ballyliffen before and it's a nightmare to get to :mad:

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
€110 is good for Ballyliffin if your a visitor but you can play an open for €30/€40 nearly every week of the year if your a GUI member so not that great a deal in all honesty for us locals although the hotel does a great deal and it has always been a great weekend.

Plus it's a bit of a logistical nightmare for nearly everyone bar me, you and Chris

Didn't say I wanted Ballyliffin again. Just that it would be hard to beat.

What about Carton house?

Last edited:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
good to see the interest has got going.. some interesting suggestions aswell , Hopefuly get somewhere near the ports or airports so we get a few over , its always a good old laugh ..

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
good to see the interest has got going.. some interesting suggestions aswell , Hopefuly get somewhere near the ports or airports so we get a few over , its always a good old laugh ..

What's your preferences Bill, I know you've played a lot of the big name courses down that way.

Should we stick to trying to find a deal on a couple of the links courses like Baltray/Seapoint/Portmarnock/The Island...etc

Or

Are Druids Glen/Heath......The two courses at Carton House or anywhere else a better option.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
The problem i find Steve are the places with 2 courses usualy have one course that lets them down.. for me the Monty lets down Carton And i think the Ryder cup lets down the K Club .. havent played Druids Heath but is Druids Glen is savage ..

Travel wise if suppose Carton is the most conveinent south of Dublin.. Ive never played Baltray or Seapoint ya know me and Links ha

bayjon14

Assistant Pro
www.seapointgolflinks.ie
Bill,
I have played druids heath and its a fine golf course. So it would be a fine option. Play Druids courses on Friday and Saturday and then play the European on the Sunday for €60 if they have an open on.
Dodger, Baltray while older is not a lot better than Seapoint, it is a fine golf course, with some classic holes.
The trouble is the Sunday being members day. Most links courses have big membership so they have no free sunday slots.
I would have no problem with Druids or Carton, or Partmarknock links.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
You get it sorted Steve. I'll find a course the other side of what ever county we are playing in and just send a photo of my card with 20 points on it.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I have played both Druids courses and both are fine tracks but............the hotel is bloody expensive for a sup even by Dublin area prices.

Wicklow has some crackers has it not?

European,Rathsallagh,Tulfarris,Arklow etc may be an option?

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does it have to be big name courses, why not try Malahide,Donabate,Coraballis or Corrstown and stay In the Arlington in Dublin itself ,golf and reasonable prices and a hotel right in the middle of the entertainment :thup:

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does it have to be big name courses, why not try Malahide,Donabate,Coraballis or Corrstown and stay In the Arlington in Dublin itself ,golf and reasonable prices and a hotel right in the middle of the entertainment :thup:

As long as they are quality courses. Big names are more attractive to anyone considering travelling though.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Baltray not doing us any favours and cost is €110 for golf and €30 for B&B so €140 total for a nights stay and a round of golf :eek:

Portmarnock offering 2 nights B&B in the hotel and a round of golf for €163 per person

Portmarnock and a round somewhere else sounding good so far

Status
Not open for further replies.