Irish Craic Classic 2014 Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've just seen that Baltray has rooms in their clubhouse for B&B :thup:

Might be worth a wee email getting a price off them.....

bayjon14

Assistant Pro
www.seapointgolflinks.ie
Gentlemen,
Baltray do a good deal when you stay over, and you can get out on a Saturday. Staying on-site is a €10 taxi from Drogheda, food is good as is the beer, The only problem is Sunday is members only in both Seapoint and Baltray.
Portmarknock Links is a great course, really underrated, they normally do a deal with the Island, again depends if they will do a weekend green fee. It will be a struggle as you really need a club with 2 courses.
An option might be Luttrelstown castle on the Sunday, a very underrated course at a very competitive green fee.
I have no problem organising a game in Seapoint on the Friday.
A good parkland option is Killeen castle, Luttrelstown castle, stay in Dunboyne or Maynooth and good nightlife about.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Right, Portmarnock have got back to me and at the minute they can offer us 4 twin rooms on the weekend of 18th July for two nights B&B and one round on their course for €326 per room, so €163 per person.....the girl who replied doesn't know if there is an agreement with The Island for reduced green fees but she has passed my email onto their golf department so I presume the will get back to me tomorrow on that.

Now if they don't do deals with The Island and they can let us play there on the Sunday we could play Seapoint or Baltray on the Saturday as I'm sure Mr Bayly could negotiate us something ;)

bayjon14

Assistant Pro
www.seapointgolflinks.ie
see how you get on, I will be able to do something no problem in seapoint. I would suggest you stay Friday night in Baltray, play Baltray and then book into Portmarknock saturday night. cracking nightlife around thier, with lovely expensive beer.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Expensive beer? :mad: I have a student card :rofl:

Yourgolftravel thingy were doing a better deal admittedly it was only onenight b&b but two rounds of golf.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Expensive beer? :mad: I have a student card :rofl:

Yourgolftravel thingy were doing a better deal admittedly it was only onenight b&b but two rounds of golf.

Aye one nights accom and two rounds on same track, no point going all that way to play same course twice.

We will get something sorted, I'm waiting on word back from another couple of places so don't panic about expensive beef just yet :rolleyes:

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
If heading the right direction we could always see about the Concrawood Friday open from the black tees.

As long as cost is no more than about £150 for golf and accommodation I'm cool.

Shame west is awkward. Could have done Slieve russel or Farnham on the Sat, B&B in Enniskillen then Lough Erne on the Sunday afternoon.

Last edited:

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Baltray can offer us tee times on Saturday 12th July before 11am and they only charge €30 per night per person for B&B at the clubhouse but if we want that we gonna have to be quick as the tee times are filling up quickly.

Means we need to find somewhere else to play the Sunday as they are members only on a Sunday.

Might be as well booking both night accommodation at Baltray at that price if they can take us both nights, only thing is it means travelling on the Sunday to wherever we get booked for.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Baltray can offer us tee times on Saturday 12th July before 11am and they only charge €30 per night per person for B&B at the clubhouse but if we want that we gonna have to be quick as the tee times are filling up quickly.

Means we need to find somewhere else to play the Sunday as they are members only on a Sunday.

Might be as well booking both night accommodation at Baltray at that price if they can take us both nights, only thing is it means travelling on the Sunday to wherever we get booked for.

Seapoint on the Sunday? They aren't that far apart are they? What kinda money are they looking for for a game?

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mmmmmm, let me know what the final craic is and I'll decide.

With Baltray on the scene I am hugely tempted.

That's the thing, if you have any preference or ideas let us know. It would be good to get a few more folk over

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seapoint on the Sunday? They aren't that far apart are they? What kinda money are they looking for for a game?

John was saying Seapoint is members only on a Sunday so that's out and Baltray never gave me a price yet for the golf.

Gonna have to find somewhere different for the Sunday and still waiting to hear from Portmarnock on whether we get a deal on The Island if we stay at Portmarnock.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
That's the thing, if you have any preference or ideas let us know. It would be good to get a few more folk over

Stay in the clubhouse and play there on Saturday and Island or Portmarnock Links Sunday before home.

I've played Seapoint and it's ok but I wouldn't head back to be honest but I was licking my chops when looking over from Seapoint to Baltray and the Island is a belter but ruddy expensive.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stay in the clubhouse and play there on Saturday and Island or Portmarnock Links Sunday before home.

I've played Seapoint and it's ok but I wouldn't head back to be honest but I was licking my chops when looking over from Seapoint to Baltray and the Island is a belter but ruddy expensive.

I've asked for a price for Friday night stay at Baltray and golf on the Saturday then a price for Saturday night stay at Portmarnock and golf on the Sunday....so will report back as soon as get replies....although it's a lot handier to stay in same place for both nights but if it's what we gotta do to get a good price and the courses we want well I'm sure we will cope but nothing set in stone yet and open still to suggestions of other places

I've read somewhere that you get discounted rates on The Island if you stay at the Portmarnock hotel so I'm waiting to hear back about that as well

Status
Not open for further replies.