Irish Craic Classic 2014 Details and Deposits

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well good news for everyone. I did not play too well today! The only thing that was near working was the driver, averaged 270-280 on good ones with a slight draw which was lovely to see. I'm blaming the mediocre round on the discomfort of my golf shoes, I'm hobbling here! Need new ones.

Also my new bag which I've only used once has a tear in the strap, so that's perplexing, but Golf Store Europe beside the Foyle course being the sound guys they are, are gonna refund it and hopefully give it back to me as store credit which I will use to buy new shoes!

malek988

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well good news for everyone. I did not play too well today! The only thing that was near working was the driver, averaged 270-280 on good ones with a slight draw which was lovely to see. I'm blaming the mediocre round on the discomfort of my golf shoes, I'm hobbling here! Need new ones.

Also my new bag which I've only used once has a tear in the strap, so that's perplexing, but Golf Store Europe beside the Foyle course being the sound guys they are, are gonna refund it and hopefully give it back to me as store credit which I will use to buy new shoes!

im playing a comp tomorrow which will be my last chance for a cut before icc... should be interesting

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

!

heart attack hill claims another victim ! :rofl:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
he was in the group behind me two years ago. I was 30yards from the 1st green when I heard a ball bounce maybe 20 yards behind me. I was about to get a little annoyed until I noticed they were standing on the tee. then I was just impressed. he was only about 14 or so then! lol

played a few holes with him other times. big hitter! he will get to cat 1 pretty soon!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
If I got a 2 shot cut I would be off 5 and still have 2 more shots than you will for this years ICC after I apply an ESR to you for your two previous ICC.

Congrats on cat 1 :clap:

speech speeechhh!! :d

Funny dudes on here at times :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::D

Could well be off 8 by Sun week lads ,,sure hope not but fast becoming a reality

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
lads, what is our tee times, green fees and do we all have buggies?

long term weather report is good by all accounts! (my brother)

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
lads, what is our tee times, green fees and do we all have buggies?

long term weather report is good by all accounts! (my brother)

Our tee times for Concra are 12.24, 12.36 and 12.48

Will do the draw over the next day or two

Yes we all have buggies and its 35 Euro per skull which includes buggy I believe.

Im not 100% sure if the black tee open is still on due to that north west open thing being on at same time.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
good stuff. when you think of the prices for some of the courses over here, 35 for concra and a buggie is a steal!

either way I am happy. ive never played concra off the back sticks but at the same time, playing long courses can become a bit of a slog.

its about time I got my driving sorted out! less than a week away now! :whoo:

malek988

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
i played soo bad today 21 points, couldnt hit a tee shot to save my life

BUT, Booby prize will be here on tuesday :D

I was thinking, as i won it last year i buy it this year, but cannot win it, what about making that a tradition??

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
i played soo bad today 21 points, couldnt hit a tee shot to save my life

BUT, Booby prize will be here on tuesday :D

I was thinking, as i won it last year i buy it this year, but cannot win it, what about making that a tradition??

Yup sounds good to me. I need something to put beside my pink tees from the year before.

Had a shocker yesterday at Tandragee. 30 points and a gross 95. Then again never played the course before which never helps on a course with so many blind shots. Back in Omagh today 12 over after nine (with a quad and triple bogey) things were looking bad. Managed to get around the back nine in +5 over gross to come in bang on handicap with a birdie 2 on the 13th :D.

malek988

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yup sounds good to me. I need something to put beside my pink tees from the year before.

Had a shocker yesterday at Tandragee. 30 points and a gross 95. Then again never played the course before which never helps on a course with so many blind shots. Back in Omagh today 12 over after nine (with a quad and triple bogey) things were looking bad. Managed to get around the back nine in +5 over gross to come in bang on handicap with a birdie 2 on the 13th :D.

played tandragee last month for the 1st time, crappy pro shop with no card machine, but the course was quite good, so many blind shots to, you notice how small the greens were??

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
played tandragee last month for the 1st time, crappy pro shop with no card machine, but the course was quite good, so many blind shots to, you notice how small the greens were??

Don't know what shop your talking about I found it very good although didn't need to use cards. Very friendly staff and a decent selection, better than the shop at my club anyway but that's not hard since it's a small shop run by a member and can't really stock a lot.

Greens were normal for me very similar to Omagh. Condition of the course was great but not so much the layout.That cross over around 16/17 is ridiculous and 16 is the most ridiculous par 3 I've seen. A hook puts people on the 4th green and 17th tee box in danger plus there was no sign-age warning about people teeing off on the 17th which wasn't visible due to the trees. A slice from 17 puts anyone coming down from 16 at risk which we discovered when a ball zipped across in front of us.

Last edited:

malek988

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don't know what shop your talking about I found it very good although didn't need to use cards. Very friendly staff and a decent selection, better than the shop at my club anyway but that's not hard since it's a small shop run by a member and can't really stock a lot.

Greens were normal for me very similar to Omagh. Condition of the course was great but not so much the layout.That cross over around 16/17 is ridiculous and 16 is the most ridiculous par 3 I've seen. A hook puts people on the 4th green and 17th tee box in danger plus there was no sign-age warning about people teeing off on the 17th which wasn't visible due to the trees. A slice from 17 puts anyone coming down from 16 at risk which we discovered when a ball zipped across in front of us.

when i went there, there was nothing, must have been stock taking, jus a set or 2 of titleists, and some golf balls, will be back again sometime soon, so will look out for it, yes the cross over is really bad, and that par 3 is pretty weak, lets the rest down

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
my driving is at an all time low. thinking of hitting 4 wood all day tomorrow in the comp. might need to bring it if its back sticks at concra though! :mad: need some work this week!