Irish Craic Classic 2014 Details and Deposits

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gibbo & I are looking to play on the Thursday afternoon/ evening
We get to Dublin about 1.45 pm so looking en route to Monaghan

Any suggestions?
Anyone fancy joining us?

Ardee or Dundalk wouldn't be bad choices. Neither are overly long but both were nice tracks last time I played them. They are also quiet cheap for the area and enroute to Monaghan. There are a few choices of links golf round there as well but trust me. Concrawood and Farnham are not short courses. Concrawood will be a challenge and a shorter course will be ideal for the day before.

Ardee is 25 euro
Dundalk is 35 euro

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played Dundalk last August and really enjoyed the course, the welcome in the clubhouse and pro shop was superb as was the food. We go it for 20 Euro as its a James Braid course and so is mine so a cracking deal.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Concra Wood have released a yardage book style app for both android and apple devices, so anyone wanting a heads up for the course before we get there or indeed a free yardage book (or maybe even to scare yourself a little) it is downloadable here

http://www.concrawood.ie/Course-Information/Notice-Board

I know its a while away still and yes we are playing off the black tees but don't let the app and yardages put you off, remember this is a fun round of golf with absolutely nothing at stake other than your pride, I promise nobody shall be subjected to abuse about their score on this day.

Disclaimer: that's a lie :ears: :whoo:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
looks like a quality app, and that 15th hole looks a challenge, gulp

using Google Earth the maximum carry to hit the fairway off the back tees is about 170 yards, but thats the same for about 5 of the holes. so in theory................

Cant wait hoping for some favorable winds :) hopefully not from Gibbo's trews :)

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
looks like a quality app, and that 15th hole looks a challenge, gulp

using Google Earth the maximum carry to hit the fairway off the back tees is about 170 yards, but thats the same for about 5 of the holes. so in theory................

Cant wait hoping for some favorable winds :) hopefully not from Gibbo's trews :)

ive made that carry from the black and ended up middle of the fairway. still took me 5 to get in the hole but hey. google maps doesnt represent elevation well so a lot of the other holes that look like a big carry are significantly less in reality.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have just emailed Concra asking if they have buggies available for us, have asked initially for 3 as at minute looks like me, Bob, Gibbo, Bill and Malek would like use of one so can I ask is there anyone else who would like a buggy and I can up the amount once they get back to me with availability.

It is a long track from the black tees with lots of elevation changes so if you want to save yourself a bit for the weekend ahead nows the time to say so.