Ireland mega meet 2015

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
hi guys,dont know if it would work for you but 12 members from a local soc.did a trip last year and hired a mini bus to carry the clubs and cases and they paid as a walk on passenger,think it was loads cheaper than paying on the mini bus,same could go if you flew from LIVERPOOL .

Thanks for the heads up fella, we have been looking into a few options like that :thup:

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Running list Interested/confirmed

1.Birchy PAID £30
2.Lincoln quaker PAID £30
3.Chellie
4.Chellie +1
5.Liverbirdie
6.Qwerty
7.Junior
8.Fairway dodger
9.Matt71
10.Matt71+1
11.2blue
12.Masterofshuffle
13.Masterofshuffle +1
14.Chiefio
15.Wes (Champ)
16.Malek988
17.Odvan
18.The hammer (NO ACCOMODATION)
19.Loz1607
20.Huds1475
21.Valentino
22.Lanark golfer
23.Fourdoors
24.Fourdoors +1
25.Toad
26.Toad +1
27.StuartC
28.NWjocko (Pending further developments)
29.MGL
30.MGL +1
31.Bladeplayer (Ireland based so Golf only on days to be confirmed)
32.Fish
33.Scouser PAID £30
34.Cookelad
35.Gregbwfc
36.Scouser +1 PAID £30
37.Davemc1

******UPDATE******

We have spoken with the sales manager about this and called in a favour so we will be getting the best price possible back on Monday from them.

In light of this we will need to pay a deposit to secure the booking pretty soon. After that we have until 1 month before travel to pay the balance.

Im therefore going to collect a £30 deposit per person to secure your place. We have currently got around 28 places but this is extendable providing the venue can cope with the number.

Please contact me asap with your deposit if you want to secure a place.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
1.Birchy PAID £30
2.Lincoln quaker PAID £30

3.Chellie
4.Chellie +1
5.Liverbirdie
6.Qwerty
7.Junior
8.Fairway dodger
9.Matt71
10.Matt71+1
11.2blue PAID £30
12.Masterofshuffle
13.Masterofshuffle +1
14.Chiefio
15.Wes (Champ)
16.Malek988
17.Odvan PAID £30
18.The hammer (NO ACCOMODATION)
19.Loz1607
20.Huds1475
21.Valentino
22.Lanark golfer
23.Fourdoors
24.Fourdoors +1
25.Toad
26.Toad +1
27.StuartC
28.NWjocko (Pending further developments)
29.Davemc1
30.Gregbwfc
31.Bladeplayer (Ireland based so Golf only on days to be confirmed)
32.Fish
33.Scouser PAID £30
34.Cookelad
35.Scouser +1 PAID £30

******UPDATE******

We have spoken with the sales manager about this and called in a favour so we will be getting the best price possible back on Monday from them.

In light of this we will need to pay a deposit to secure the booking pretty soon. After that we have until 1 month before travel to pay the balance.

Im therefore going to collect a £30 deposit per person to secure your place. We have currently got around 28 places but this is extendable providing the venue can cope with the number.

Please contact me asap with your deposit if you want to secure a place.

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
It doesn't matter what angle I have looked into, it almost comes back to the same figures with only a slight variable, they (ferry companies) have this pretty well sewn up.

If I take my car and 3 passengers its circa £410. for the ferry at the ideal times, around £100 in fuel = £127.50ea plus the overall golf & accommodation (£343.) adds up to £470.pp.

If I hire a 17 seater mini-bus (£440.)and take 8 passengers leaving room for clubs, trolleys, bags etc the ferry is £770. plus £150 fuel max = £151.11 plus the overall golf & accommodation (£343.) = £494.11pp.

I've looked at walk-ons and it doesn't work out, it costs nearly as much for 1 person in a car, van or mini-bus as it does if its fully loaded, the variables are minimal! I think they've covered these angles and there are few if any loopholes!

So, I'm happy to drive either my car or mini-bus and my route will be from Coventry heading North initially up the M6 Toll and then further up the M6 to J20 joining the M56 to the A494 Bypass then joining the A55 into Holyhead.

The times I would personally go for on the ferry are; Sat 13th 08.55 arriving 12.10, Druids Glen is 30 minutes down the road. Return (14th) would be 15.10 arriving Holyhead 18.40hrs.

Dependent on those wishing to be picked up en-route or travel to mine from the Midlands area or come up from the south will depend on the vehicle I choose, car will be circa £130pp (4 sharing) and the bus £150pp (9 sharing) all inclusive with hopefully a little left over on the last day when I know what the fuel situation would be to get back.

So, the whole trip is circa £500 (includes Birchys £343.) plus personal spending money, anyone interested in these travel arrangements let me know so I can book in advance to get better deals on the vehicle or ferry hopefully.

Last edited:

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fish we have managed to get a deal with the ferries from a forumer who knows somebody who works there etc.

We just need to get numbers for how many we need then we can work out from there what transport we will need.

We are looking at the possibility of a 17 seater minibus then a separate van taking the clubs if necessary.

Cant give accurate prices until we have numbers but it will be a very good deal.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Fish we have managed to get a deal with the ferries from a forumer who knows somebody who works there etc.

We just need to get numbers for how many we need then we can work out from there what transport we will need.

We are looking at the possibility of a 17 seater minibus then a separate van taking the clubs if necessary.

Cant give accurate prices until we have numbers but it will be a very good deal.

OK, but looking down your list, most if not all the names are from the North or North West of England, I'm just trying to dilute my costs travelling from the Midlands, obviously if we can leave my car and join/meet the bus/bus's if its viable to do it that way that's fine but I'm coming from a complete different direction and ideally need passengers in my initial journey or with this better deal bring more people from down this neck of the woods along.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK, but looking down your list, most if not all the names are from the North or North West of England, I'm just trying to dilute my costs travelling from the Midlands, obviously if we can leave my car and join/meet the bus/bus's if its viable to do it that way that's fine but I'm coming from a complete different direction and ideally need passengers in my initial journey or with this better deal bring more people from down this neck of the woods along.

The minibus is likely to originate in Lincoln so we will be sorting something out that might be able to incorporate picking you and others interested up en route etc.

We are getting our final price back this afternoon for the Golf/accom side of things so once that is back we will go from there.

People just need to state when they pay deposit if they are wanting minibus travel to keep costs down or if they are flying/driving for extra comfort etc.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The minibus is likely to originate in Lincoln so we will be sorting something out that might be able to incorporate picking you and others interested up en route etc.

We are getting our final price back this afternoon for the Golf/accom side of things so once that is back we will go from there.

People just need to state when they pay deposit if they are wanting minibus travel to keep costs down or if they are flying/driving for extra comfort etc.

Ok thanks, obviously none of this information was previously available, if theirs a bus coming from Lincoln, depending on its route, I'd be interested, obviously once all the costs are available I'll be able to compare :thup:

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok thanks, obviously none of this information was previously available, if theirs a bus coming from Lincoln, depending on its route, I'd be interested, obviously once all the costs are available I'll be able to compare :thup:

Yeah we were trying to get interested numbers so we could gauge how many and what vehicles we could need first as prices depend on this and didn't want to give any prices in case they go up etc.

Plus with people coming from all over some may prefer to fly or drive their own cars etc.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Yeah we were trying to get interested numbers so we could gauge how many and what vehicles we could need first as prices depend on this and didn't want to give any prices in case they go up etc.

Plus with people coming from all over some may prefer to fly or drive their own cars etc.

Knowing there's a bus/transport that can originate from a different area/s to the main contingent within that list could atract more people, that's why I was looking at transport myself as everyone in that list is over 100 miles North or East of me!

Look forward to seeing the "package" develop, well done :thup:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Scott, we've had some bad news re Father-in-Law's health so together with Mother-in-Laws bad health we aren't going to be able to commit this far in advance, sorry.