Intermittent fasting

D

Deleted member 16999

Just to burn off a bacon roll takes 30 minutes of running.
Our forefathers never needed to do that or take out gym memberships.
No matter how much exercise you do it will never be enough.
Dieting is paradoxically likely to put on weight.
Our forefathers and their forefathers faced famines and society suffered from malnutrition on a scale never seen before!!

Maybe we need to bring back Workhouses and start sending kids back up the Chimneys! That’ll sort em!:rolleyes:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Not with the current rate of under 5’s admitted to hospital with malnutrition, doubled to over 2,500 last year!
Ah. Could be the old 'Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics' issue - aka more measurements. Or better recognition.
I trust you realise it's possible to be both obese and malnourished.

D

Deleted member 16999

Ah. Could be the old 'Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics' issue - aka more measurements. Or better recognition.
I trust you realise it's possible to be both obese and malnourished.
Yes, but not in the case of those under 5’s hospitalised.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not with the current rate of under 5’s admitted to hospital with malnutrition, doubled to over 2,500 last year!

Off topic.. a few weeks ago, I was at my local chippy. Fairly busy. Bit saddened to see some young families and kids just getting chips .. it may be filling but surely can’t be healthy. But again, these are tough times too

D

Deleted member 16999

Off topic.. a few weeks ago, I was at my local chippy. Fairly busy. Bit saddened to see some young families and kids just getting chips .. it may be filling but surely can’t be healthy. But again, these are tough times too
Was it a friday? We always had “chippy tea” on a friday growing up.;)

In all honesty though, I think a lot of the issues today is laziness, but those parents were brought in to the world by us and our parents.

It’s unfair to simply blame them when we’ve created, and in someways, got the society we wanted.

Certainly a lot more opportunities today, but also pressures we don’t fully understand.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was it a friday? We always had “chippy tea” on a friday growing up.;)

In all honesty though, I think a lot of the issues today is laziness, but those parents were brought in to the world by us and our parents.

It’s unfair to simply blame them when we’ve created, and in someways, got the society we wanted.

Certainly a lot more opportunities today, but also pressures we don’t fully understand.

I agree with you… I was not judging, just an observation

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Been off the sauce since Christmas. I fancy a small drink tonight while watching telly. Scotland’s finest dram instead of a pint.. I am assuming it is (nearly) zero calories

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Please explain how a diet puts on weight. Enlighten me

Because you are likely to disrupt your metabolism, and your secondary brain will message your primary brain to eat more later.
(Please note, the use of the term second brain is a metaphor like any other word and you can call it what you like.)

Do Diets Really Just Make You Fatter? (healthline.com)
Quote from article: Studies suggest that rather than achieving weight loss, most people who frequently diet end up gaining weight in the long term.

Our forefathers didn't have cars, ready made food, uber eats, tractors, diggers, ploughing machines and automatic planters.
Explain how far back you are going with this.
Funny how they stayed alive long enough to reproduce and pass their genes down to the next generation.
Could it be they ate more natural food?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Because you are likely to disrupt your metabolism, and your secondary brain will message your primary brain to eat more later.
(Please note, the use of the term second brain is a metaphor like any other word and you can call it what you like.)

Do Diets Really Just Make You Fatter? (healthline.com)
Quote from article: Studies suggest that rather than achieving weight loss, most people who frequently diet end up gaining weight in the long term.

Explain how far back you are going with this.
Funny how they stayed alive long enough to reproduce and pass their genes down to the next generation.
Could it be they ate more natural food?
Sorry buddy but that's simply not true. When I take on new clients this is exactly the type of garbage I have to put up with
Metabolism come in three parts
NEAT (look it up)
THERMIC EFFECT OF FOOD
BASAL METABOLIC RATE.

Diets only effect NEAT that accounts towards around 20% of your total MR. Even starvation diets only effect NEAT. So in English, even if you starve yourself for two months this will only effect the 20% portion of your MR.

The reason the majority of people put on weight following a diet is because they are fed up with being hungry and they simply let go. Every person has a "set point" this is a point where the body is happy with its fatness. If you diet below this then yes your body sends a signal called ghrelin to the brain and tells you to eat until you get back to this point (not past that point like you're suggesting). It's an easy problem to fix you simply fool you're body by eating low calorie high volume foods and keep activity high.

The reason most diets don't work is because the amount of disinformation that's out there. Because it's in an article or magazine it must be right? Most people don't even check the references to the research and follow it blindly.

There's a guy that I can't stand on YouTube called Greg doucette (spelt wrong no doubt). However, as much as I hate his mannerisms I can't argue with his content. He tells it straight and true. He's sold his soul for money so if anyone does decide to take a look go back at least a year

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
'A little less - and 'better' - food; a little more exercise' seems a pretty simple, safe and healthy way to reduce imo.

Last edited:

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
'A little less - and 'better' - food; a little more exercise' seems a pretty safe and healthy way to reduce imo.
Or what if I said a little more and still less! I love chocolate. I mean propa love chocolate. I make protein chocolate bars and I can eat 3 times more to the galaxy equivalent (and much healthier). Now, I'm not for one second saying that my bars are in the same league as a galaxy Chocolate bar but they are good enough to scratch my chocolate itch and leave me full for a long time. A 100g galaxy bar doesn't even touch the sides with me ?.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or what if I said a little more and still less! I love chocolate. I mean propa love chocolate. I make protein chocolate bars and I can eat 3 times more to the galaxy equivalent (and much healthier). Now, I'm not for one second saying that my bars are in the same league as a galaxy Chocolate bar but they are good enough to scratch my chocolate itch and leave me full for a long time. A 100g galaxy bar doesn't even touch the sides with me ?.

I also go for protein bars to get my chocolate fix...plus a little 80% dark chocolate. Have you heard of foodcirclesupermarket...usually some really good deals.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Forgot to include 'and simple' - will update my post shortly. Frequently, it's the (thought of the) faffing about that puts folk off.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I also go for protein bars to get my chocolate fix...plus a little 80% dark chocolate. Have you heard of foodcirclesupermarket...usually some really good deals.
Yeh. I get a lot of stuff of them. I'm convinced that some of their bars are seconds or runs they've purchased that the supplier wasn't quite happy with

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeh. I get a lot of stuff of them. I'm convinced that some of their bars are seconds or runs they've purchased that the supplier wasn't quite happy with

Could be although I've not spotted any issues with mine. Not sure how they get the Clif bars so cheap but boy they taste good! Service is brilliant too.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Could be although I've not spotted any issues with mine. Not sure how they get the Clif bars so cheap but boy they taste good! Service is brilliant too.
I've Just noticed a few differences in texture from one batch to another In some of their bars. Nothing to moan about just explains how they sell so cheap.