Interesting find ..

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Managed to get out on course today as our little fella had a play date ... or mummy gossip, kids go feral.
I had not played for a while, started off with a driver, hit it low on the face straight but thing never got over 5ft of air. Next same thing ... so on the next driving hole I raised my tee unknowingly 10mm ( I did not measure until I got home). Boom driver out there height was just right. Next one, again, again and again. Seemed to be picking the equator of the ball just above the centre line of the driver. Then to cap it all off I found an orange tee which is 10mm higher than the pink castle tees... used that all round.
Sounds silly I know, I have found consistency with the pink castle tee..

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
it would probably do a lot of us a world of good to put some tape on the face of the driver, just to see where we actually make contact with the ball. That would really help to judge the correct tee height to produce a consistent sweet spot hit.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
it would probably do a lot of us a world of good to put some tape on the face of the driver, just to see where we actually make contact with the ball. That would really help to judge the correct tee height to produce a consistent sweet spot hit.

It's a good point, instead of tape, lots of teaching pros now use spray (hair lacquer? or similar) that turns white when dry on the club face so you can easily see where contact is made

D

Deleted member 16999

It's a good point, instead of tape, lots of teaching pros now use spray (hair lacquer? or similar) that turns white when dry on the club face so you can easily see where contact is made
Scholl foot spray is ideal for this.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
The
It's useful but usually only confirms what you've felt. I use foot spray but usually can tell from the feel & shot shape which part of the face it came off.